The PITool update makes echo arena 100% darker, even with contrast and brightness increased

I didn’t try lone echo but in echo arena, everything was SO dark, I could barely see anything inside the game other than the players. It was like the lights were turned off in the game lol. I had to revert back to pitool .109.

Another issue was that steamvr 1.1.3 isn’t working anymore with this pitool version. So I had to upgrade steamvr to play steamvr games. This is an issue because I was on steamvr 1.1.3 because it stopped the “world shaking” effect in oculus games like dirt rally and robo recall…sigh pimax. @PimaxUSA @Sean.Huang @Matthew.Xu

2 Likes

Yes same thing in Lone echo.

2 Likes

Maybe that explains some issues I’ve been having. I now need to dial back video percentage in Steam VR settings to like 20% for some games to even start or get displayed in headset. I did not have that problem before.
I’m on an old i5 but with a 1080ti but ingame anti aliasing needs to be shut off now while I always had that turned on before with no fps problems. The image quality is pretty good though so I think the new piTool does some anti aliasing for me now

1 Like

Indeed,lone echo is almost compleet dark… so a no go on the new pitool 121 beta…

2 Likes

Glad i’m not the only one then. SMFH. I wanted to try out the new contrast levels adjuster and the ipd offset setting, but i guess i have to wait again…

well, climbing over the fence and wandering in a walled garden can be bothersome at times :wink:

Tell that to pimax who stole crossvr’s (revive dev) revive code without his permission and made a sh*ttier version of revive…

as far as i can see the revive source on github is under MIT-license so it can be used for closed source projects
so as long as pimax acknowledges it its ok?
whatever, i’m not buying from facebook/oculus as long as they not open to other headsets

1 Like