Tech Talk #4 : Standalone VR

Why focus on standalone its killing development to PCVR and if companies don’t work closer to PCVR Software Developers we are heading in the wrong direction. Until you can stuff the storage and power of my PC into the headset what’s the point. Wireless titles have to be dumbed down due to limitations.

The limitations on wireless headsets are
Bandwidth
Battery Time
Processer Power
Storage

Unless you can stuff my PC into one of those headsets a Standalone is not worth it to me.

I for one don’t mind being tethered for the experience we get. The Quest 1 and 2 are toys. I own them both. Gave my Quest 1 to my nephew and it along with my quest 2 are collecting dust. Hoping for great things from Unreal 5 , Vulcan and PCVR., As of now no new titles worth speaking of being developed that interest me. A few port over to VR would be nice without Vorpex having to step up.

1 Like

"do you prefer? is rather curious when asking a bunch of enthusiasts who spend ridiculous amounts of money so they they don’t have to hear such pain full questions :grinning:

Seriously though. I wouldn’t give up my tether atm and I only gave a 5K+ atm.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.