Tech Talk #3 : The Best Accessories to Promote Your VR Experience

So as you have illustrated there are trade offs. None of which would have me give up a physical wheel or Hotas atm.

The best promotion of VR is actually trying it. It can’t be described well enough to do it justice.
One accessory that really grabs attention in conjunction with that first visual is haptics.
My fave is to put someone who hasn’t seen VR in the DCS Mi8 and not tell them the chair has transducers in it. Once the initial flood of expletives and OMG’s from the first visuals stars to subside, I then hit the auto start up of the chopper. That initial slow swooping of those big blades really bring the immersion home when your whole body is shaking in unison. After the further gushing, swearing and near pants pooping there is often a “where can get this headset and this chair” or a “what is this going to cost me and how do i get the wife on board”? :grinning:

1 Like

This may sound obvious but placing my subwoofer behind my seated VR position and in contact with the chair made for some really immersive effects on the cheap.

3 Likes

What I might feel compelled to make a small note about, is that as time goes on, some things that are provided through accessories “today”, necessarily become base unit standard for “tomorrow”…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.