Tech Talk #2 : What would you do if Pimax support OpenXR?

Prefect you are the man. Good luck with DCS and MSFS

2 Likes

Happy to share that my OpenXR runtime for Pimax can now run Flight Simulator 2020, DCS, Assetto Corsa and IL-2 Sturmovik (the last 3 through OpenComposite) on my 8KX.

There are some issues remaining with my other project, OpenXR Toolkit, so that combination is not quite usable yet.

5 Likes

I’ll give it a try tomorrow. Thanx in advance.

1 Like

I haven’t really published an official build of it yet. I’m going to see if I can fix OpenXR Toolkit with it first.

4 Likes

NP - Super that would be Great. Thank You so much

1 Like

Thanks for the info and what you do ! I can confirm it works with MSFS2020 it made it playable - Really enjoy it now thanks to you. I cant get DCS to work with it as a stand alone even when running steam in the background ?

2 Likes

Oh you must be trying to build from source or something? Or you lurked around the GitHub actions output :slight_smile:

For DCS, you need to use OpenComposite, since DCS does not natively use OpenXR. There will be some instructions to do all that eventually… just too early for now.

Anyway thanks for the feedback! What headset do you have? Also, did you use PP? Curious to start building a list of tested configurations!!

1 Like

I’ve posted a release officially! Please read the notes on the download page very carefully so you know what to expect.

Tested with the following applications with a Pimax 8KX:

• Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020*
  • Digital Combat Simulator (DCS)* (through OpenComposite)
  • Assetto Corsa* (through OpenComposite)
  • IL-2 Sturmovik (through OpenComposite)
  • Unity
  • StereoKit*

(*) OpenXR Toolkit version 1.1.0 was tested with these applications.

Confirmed not working with:

• War Thunder
  • Project Cars 2
  • OpenXR Toolkit newer than 1.1.0

I’m eager to get some more feedback! What works? What does not work? Any performance comparison numbers?

Thanks!

6 Likes

Just wanted to share more updates on the unofficial OpenXR runtime:

• Renamed the project to “PimaxXR” to make it more searchable (Pimax-OpenXR was too wide of a net)
  • Released several updates, we are now at 0.1.7 with:
    • New features like Direct3D 12 support, Vulkan support, parallel projection…
    • More games supported (Compatibility list, mostly bound to the amount of OpenXR games on the market and the capabilities of OpenComposite)
    • Fully compatible with latest OpenXR Toolkit
  • Created a Wiki to share information for both users and developers: PimaxXR Home
6 Likes

This will open the industry market for Pimax! But then, maybe we will never get our devices, because of the part sucking industry…
Was half a joke, will be half bitter reality.
Anyway, continue with PimaxXR Home advantages will let survive Pimax.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.