@sweviver can you test dirt rally 2.0 on the 8kx(if you have the device now)

@SweViver could you please check dirt rally 2.0(its on sale now)
Can you let us know how it looks and performs on the 8kx please…

4 Likes

Or dont you have the pimax 8kx?

I have Dirt Rally 2 and 8KX here. Will give it a shot today or tomorrow. Last time i tested it though (right after launch) it ran like dogsh*t even on 5K+, but it seems they have optimized it since then?

7 Likes

that would be great,it runs great on the index…
I think they have optimized it…

2 Likes

Between recent patch and latest Pitool I think you will find it much better performance. Look forward to your feelings on it. :smile:

5 Likes

The worst thing for performance in DiRT 2.0 is MSAA. I used to preach using at least 4X MSAA, but since shutting it off or going to CMAA, there’s not a big difference (Using Index). The trees/foliage will flicker no matter what. It was playable without PP with the 5K+ but there was some extra flickering and weird trees. Fixed with PP on.

2 Likes

I’m running it on a 5K+ wiith decent visuals and frame rate.

RTX 2080
latest Pitool

4 Likes

I can confirm that it’s gotten a lot better compared to what it was around release… :+1:

I’m using @AndrewUK1990’s guide here:
https://community.openmr.ai/t/dirt-rally-2-0-optimal-settings/22214

Latest beta PiTool (.249), latest Nvidia drivers on a i9-9900K/16GB 4000MHz CL19 RAM/ROG Strix OC 2080 Ti.

5 Likes

Thats great too know,i dont use any ini tweaks on the valve index.

But thats because the resolution is lower on the index i think…
It runs great with the latest patches…

The only jittter i see is on the arms inside the car… the rest is very fluid…
Latest nvidia drivers,i9900k,rtx2080ti
90hz with no smart smoothing

4 Likes

Awesome card , I have the Rog Strix 2080 :+1:t2:

4 Likes

@SweViver di you find the time yet to try it?
And a happy newyear already!

2 Likes

I can confirm it runs very well now on the 5K+
I’m very interested on how it runs on the 8KX, a short video would be very helpful, thanks man!

6 Likes

Any luck already @SweViver?

And happy newyear to you…

2 Likes

Or doesnt it work well on the 8kx and we need a another vr headset to play this game with a good framerate?
@SweViver

I guess he is busy and not at his home office (CES Road Trip) - so until he updates, just my 2 cents:
from what i read around the forum and all the information compiled - it seems that you can get good results fps wise close to going a bit SS on the 5k+ or like the 8K, but it will cost a bit more depending from what you use now (was something like -10% FPS from the 5k+?).
I guess its all down to what you need in Graphics Quality (Post Processing stuff) and how much juice your GPU and CPU got - sure thing is the 3080 TI will not get bored with providing data to the 8K X…

2 Likes