Studioform Comfort Mod Giveaway Winners

Peter Jackson Approved :wink:

5 Likes

Okay I am behind. I have received @Davobkk’s package on last Friday. I haven’t had a chance to set it up yet due to life keeping me busy and thought it would also be best to wait til the adapters arrive.

I must say Studioform already demonstrates a volume of quality design & :zap: fast shipping!

3 Likes

Flying sims today :grinning:
I just threw it over the top and around the phones attaching topside. That way guests can adjust in both directions as needed all Velcro joins with easy access. I like that could feed the Pimax cable toward the rear with moving the DAS cable clip which was on the wrong side just by running it under the StudioForm Velcro.

2 Likes

what are these? Not familiar with that term.

1 Like

Skynet has sent me some 3dprinted adapters to attach the Vive Das to pimax headset.

1 Like

ha ha ok, I saw TGE and thought that was short form for something.

1 Like

Nah just my Android keyboard doesn’t like “the” & often swaps the “h” with “g” lol

1 Like

The 3d printed adaptors for the DAS that a friend in my building printed for me inspired me to delve into the world of 3D printing and this printer is arriving tomorrow so looking forward to the creative tinkering.

3 Likes

Nice. But does it need to be online to print? Ie send model start print, does it need to be online for til print finishes?

No it also uses loading files by usb stick if wanted, as well as wifi or ethernet.

1 Like

Awesome as I know Cricut(sp?) Vinyl cutter is more or less a paperweight without their cloud ap.

At last check a friend of mine had to install Internet explorer in W10 as it didn’t have an Edge compatable ap. :beers::sunglasses::+1::sparkles:

1 Like

Hey @Davobkk awesome work :beers:

3 Likes

I also just go to thingiverse or other sites soon to be discovered I’m sure, and download the 3d print files direct.

3 Likes

I got my Studioformcreative strap a few days ago. Got all my adapters and Vive DAS. This strap adds just the extra amount of lift needed to keep the HMD face pad off your nose. This is the best. Its extremely comfortable now. Thanks @Davobkk

6 Likes

Nice! Glad it’s working for you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Okay folks. First I’d like to thank @Davobkk(Studioform) for sending me a Vive Das complete with Apache comfort Strap :heart_eyes:. I would also like to Thank @Digital for printing & sending me Adapters for attaching the Vive Das for a more OEM fit.

Poorman Mod

Poorman Headstrap Removed

Now Back to Review :beers::sunglasses::+1::sparkles:

Out of the Box StudioForm Apache Comfort Strap with Vive Das was ready as shipped ready to attach to pimax with quality Velcro pre attached to Vive Das. It was well packaged for shipping & was received quick. Skynet’s printed adapters was also very nicely packaged for shipping & arrived yesterday (quick effective shipping).

Adapters 3d printed by @Digital

(@Dr.Cube & @g-coded Adapters on Thingverse)

I ended up using the 1 piece adapter opposed to the 2 peice that uses pimax’s default hinge for the strap.

StudioForm

Pic of Goodies With Adapters

Apache Comfort Strap & some nice Bling. Comes with extra high quality Velcro! The Apache comfort strap feels of quality materials. Anyone will appreciate this regardless of VR Headset bought.

Final Assembly

As you can see looks really nice & comfy. I have yet to plug it back in to give it a test run. I can say I have tried it on and can say without any doubt this will enhance my experience. It feels already very comfortable. I found my poorman was comfortable.

But this definitely is much better & reccommend it to anyone wanting a better experience be it with the Das or Cloth Strap. Davobkk definitely shines in making VR a comfortable wearing experience!

Well done and thank you Gentlemen for making my VR experience what it should be! :beers::heart_eyes::+1::sparkles:

5 Likes

Wow nice install! Haha the welding helmet strap looked better than I thought

2 Likes

I shaved some of the center strap of the Vive Das to fit the top strap through.

I did the same thing with the DAS strap on my Franken-Pimax. I also applied some clear strips of packing tap to the seams to reduce the flexing on the housing. This has halted the crack damage on the corners that started about 3 weeks ago.

Nice job MacGyver :grin:

1 Like