Standard MAS Headstrap Upgradeable?

Can the new standard MAS be altered later to the deluxe model with parts, or would a new purchase be required?

I want to go ahead and order the 8KX now that I have a refund coupon I was waiting on ( before it stops working) but as many I’m stuck on the MAS decision!

Also does rejecting the tracking discount only get you $50 off the 8KX upgrade, but keeping it gets you $100 off the eye tracker?

1 Like

Yes the original idea was 1eye so 50off.

1 Like

Hmmmm. Not sure you understood my question? The discount is less for the 8KX upgrade than if you keep it for eyetracking. I don’t understand you response?

If you skip eyetracking you skip it for 1eye 50usd, if you keep it and then buy Eye tracking you buy for both Eyes 100usd :slight_smile:

Still confusing. 1 eye tracking was supposed to be free. so the $100 discount should apply to 1 eye.
Anyway, my main question is about the MAS. Any ideas?

1 Like

Think so but not 100% sure.

Yes it bit confusing. Essentially if you keep Eyetracking it is Valued as $100 off: as a credit it is $50 towards a headset.

The MAS Standard question is a good one; can the Standard MAS later be upgraded to deluxe via buying the deluxe headphones without buying a new headstrap.

@PimaxUSA @Matthew.Xu

2 Likes

Yes. Pimax has said that the MAS is modular and can be upgraded with the deluxe on-ear headphones.

3 Likes

That’s great news! I’m going to go standard and save the $100. If the standard is not acceptable. I’ll upgrade later. Heck, if the deluxe Mas is still not ready when the 8KX is shipped, that could even result in a additional delay. Yep, standard it is!

2 Likes

Well in theory it might be possible in that regard to 3d print headphone arms as well.

1 Like

I’m planning to experiment putting the 4K headphones on it, they have a nice sound.

I’ll also just consider good earbuds when I want to keep sound out, either way the basic MAS should be enough for me.

2 Likes

I agree the p4k headphones are quite good. Definitely better than Vive DAS ones. Just been lazy to play around. :grin:

3 Likes

I will reply to you after confirming with the project manager.

2 Likes

I will just add this previous reply here in case.

https://community.openmr.ai/t/pimax-day-backlash/22276/327?u=burstingtops

1 Like