Spreadsheet Update 11th Mar 2019

Thanks. I wont have time to try it until late tonight but im looking forward to it.

1 Like

One day i too may get to try out my own lol
The day will be a long one for you my friend

3 Likes

Mine too!! Will have to wait until tonight.

3 Likes

Just arrived. The outer box is not very well protected from knocks and bumps though. Thanks Pimax for delivery. I won’t be able to test it just yet though.

9 Likes

Congrats soon be time to play lol

1 Like

Reminder @anon74848233, @Matthew.Xu, and @PimaxVR

Yeah, it’s yust 2 days past, but news around are not good.
As stated in an other thread: [5k BE Delivery and production](https://community.openmr.ai/t/5k-be-delivery-and-production

Please describe, how you would handle the logistics with the backers from central europe. While there is a hard BREXIT on the horizon.

regards

2 Likes

Hey Crump, Did you receive your Pimax yet? Which one did u opt for?

Howdy. Yep, I got it but I haven’t been able to use it yet because I’m waiting for a displayport adapter. I have a Razer laptop so it has a mini displayport. I ordered the 8K X with the 8K loaner so it is the 8K loaner. It doesn’t come with controllers or the base stations so I have to track down the base station for the Oculus or Vive.

You can’t use an Oculus camera/“sensor” for the Pimax.

Pimax headsets (and Vive headsets for that matter) uses SteamVR sensors on the headset which “sees” light (laser) emitted from the “Vive” (actually SteamVR) lighthouses/basestations.

Oculus headsets uses cameras/“sensors” that track the headset which emits light in various places.

They’re not compatible.

3 Likes

Good to know. I had both and they were boxed up so I’ll just focus on finding the Vive ones. Thanks!

1 Like

It’s been exactly a week since the last update. I hope all 8K HMDs have been changed to “SHIP”…^^

1 Like

And other people receiving your 5k+ from a purchase at your Pimax store.

It seems to be the way Pimax works

1 Like

You are not alone my friend i still await all 3 of my units funny thing is a unit for repair i sent from UK to china pimax have told me they are sending that back soon but no news on my 5K+ AND 8K lol

2 Likes

C’mon… we know they’re not. Please be adviced

1 Like

@anon74848233 @PimaxVR My backer number #5058 seems to be missing from the spreadsheet. I searched using Ctrl+F but got 0 results. Can you help?

Go to the bottom of the spreadsheet and click on the different tabs… I always forget :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

I have. I see five tabs in the spreadsheet. None of them yield any results when I searched for “5058” using Ctrl+F.

I’d PM @anon74848233 or @PimaxUSA

1 Like

How do I PM someone?

Click the name mentioned above and choose “message”.

1 Like