Spreadsheet Update 11th Mar 2019

@PimaxUSA Could you confirm that the HK warehouse remains open and will continue to ship during CNY, or are they currently shut down? Thank you.

3 Likes

He isn’t going to answer lol. Anything related to preorder they will ignore.

Can you confirm that the spreadsheet is up to date and correct ? My unit is on the section that said shipped, but i check with UPS and they told me no shipment is on the way to my address

I really apreaciate your response. But this leaves me thinking. Why should Pimax offer to ship immediatly for those that switch, if in the end the 5k will arrive at almost the same time the 8k would have arrived? That feels pretty odd.

1 Like

The answer to that is simple, we built many more 5K+. Because so many people switched we ran our production line mostly producing 5K+. It takes time to switch production between SKU’s. We’ve actually produced all the 5K+ and won’t complete the remaining 8K production until the production team returns.

3 Likes

The last minor refresh of the sheet was Feb. 1st. Next pass on it will be the 11th. One thing worth noticing is the sheet is now has a universal url so the next refreshes should be the same URL. On your shipment it can take some days for the 2nd stage shipper to show the shipment but there’s no way of verifying that in your case until the 11th.

3 Likes

In my experience Hong Kong logistics do shut down during CNY but they reopen earlier on the 7th or 8th.

so funny how any preorder questions are being ignored. why make a false promise?

1 Like

welcome to the forum.

3 Likes

Not ignored, most of what I worked on was totally unrelated to shipping/logistics etc. beyond trying to get questions answered for backers here. When I was there people asked about various backer orders and I found the answers. In this case the office is empty until Feb. 11th (and I’m back in the USA) so I have no way to research that question. Not a conspiracy just lack of team members to consult on the CNY.

4 Likes

But Pimax stated oposite to your statement that 8k was not produced because they had panel shortages for the 8k and now you say they produced mostly 5k+ because of the many people switched.
1/3 kept there origenal pledge that is about 1500 headsets, so i don’t understand your comment. Can you explane this? Thanks.

Easy answer - both things are true. There weren’t as many 8k panels and we just outright had many more orders for the 5k+, once we did have the panels switching the line requires 2/3 to 1 full day and we were getting close to CNY. We did switch totally to 8k production right before the CNY but didn’t complete all the requirement.

We still haven’t completed all the 8K’s therefore switching meant faster shipping.

5 Likes

Just a casual reminder to all that pimax said they order 12,000 panels in Oct 2017.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pimax8kvr/pimax-the-worlds-first-8k-vr-headset/posts/2028725

5 Likes

Filing an order != receiving shipment.

The panels still need to be manufactured.

Just a little thing i learned from working both as an Machine constructor and working with logistics… ordered and delivered are not the same thing…

and suppliers do some time overestimate how many units they can deliver within an time frame… that are why there many times are fines defined in the contracts… but this do not solve the delay for the end customer.

if this are the case here i do not know… but it might be…

Just a small note - ordered and delivered not the same thing.

Here is a little more detail - the panel partner was unable to deliver them in quantity. Only in recent months did decent quantities begin to arrive, in fact the largest shipment of those panels will arrive a couple of days after factory reopens after CNY.

6 Likes

@PimaxUSA Can you reply to my question about 5K Plus I asked before will there be a possibility that some backers in Europe receive their HMDs before they receive tracking? I ask because it makes me feel more hopeful that I will get mine this month

2 Likes

I was more pointing to the question that without any tracking number till now, I am afraid that the 5k+ will be sent after CNY, same like the 8k.
So this sounds like far lot less “ealier” as claimed in the backers “switch-8k-to-5k-due-to-delay” offer. So the offer has no benefit for me if that is to be the case. Are the “stacked” warehouses in europe sending out units during CNY?

1 Like

So just to be clear, some 8k backers will actually be waiting well into March for their headsets to be delivered ? Not shipped but delivered .

2 Likes

Firstly thank all of you dictionaries for being useful and quick to respon. Can I use you next time I need to write a paper? Second then why were we not told the manufacturer couldn’t supply them quick enough? Oh right it’s just more lies from pimax.

1 Like