Sony just confirmed that the PlayStation VR2 will be coming early 2023

Hello there,

Sony just confirmed that the PlayStation VR2 will be coming early 2023…
Lets hope there comes a hack or native for pc compatiblity…

2 Likes

PlayStation VR2 — it’ll feature displays that add up to 4K resolution and can run at 90 or 120Hz, have a 110-degree field of view, and use foveated rendering
Sony has already announced it will [have a lineup of about 20 “major” games available when it launches. The titles include games set in the Horizon and Walking Dead universes]as well as VR versions of No Man’s Sky and Resident Evil Village .

3 Likes

And one big thing for me… Its got Oled screens…

1 Like

I would be absolutely shocked if anyone gets a PC hack going beyond a simple video feed. I guess potentially it might be done with vive trackers and basestations, just hacking a simple video output to the headset but as far as SLAM tracking goes, eye tracking, controller tracking etc that will only come with official support as, afaik, there is no onboard processing on the headset so the software for doing all of that will be on the PS5/PC side so would need to be recreated entirely.

The PSVR1 was a much much simpler system that could be replicated with a webcam so it was easier for a community hack to create some sort of PC compatibility.

Has the pixel arrangement been confirmed? I know PSVR1 was OLED but actually had RGB sub-pixels rather than every other OLED headset with pentile arrangements. (Not sure if I’m using the terms correctly but referring to 2 (pentile) vs 3 (RGB) subpixels which directly affects the SDE).

I assume PSVR2 will be RGB, otherwise that would be a pretty massive blow to the headset.

It will have Rgb for sure…

I’m guessing it will, but it hasn’t been confirmed right? I think there’s pretty close to 0% chance it won’t have RGB.

1 Like

Take a simple look at an Xperia 1 under the magnifying glass. :wink:
RGB

I think the psvr had great panels for that time…

Most of the time i use pcvr and sometimes a quest 2.

I have had alot off headsets like the star vr one, almost all pimaxes,varjo vr3 ,vive pro 2 etc… Some i still have, like the pimax 8kx…

Maybe they can suprise us because they have a big company with enough tech…I want the oled blacks back without almost no screendoor…

Let see what they can do,and hopefuly some more other headsets from some big companies will come out with like a valve index 2 or so…

Lets wait en see…