Something very odd with 262, Staff read this!

I and others found found 262 had probs with some Oculus titles like In Death and Asgard. The screen constantly would jump all over like tracking was confused or gyro was on and wobbling all over.
249 was ok but a couple of switches back and forth with 262 without flashing the FW back (stayed on 264) and those games started to wobble with 249 as well. All installs were clean except the 249 to 261.
I let PT249 dl and install the recommended 261 and all is good so far including the Oculus games.

If I don’t come across any issues 261 is where I’ll stay. My expected fps is back, I get 144 Hz and for the first time after a number of Pitool versions, my settings all save.

Intel I5 6600K @4.5 OC, Gigabyte GA-Z170XP mobo, GAMMAXX GTE Cooler, MSI GTX 1080TI Gaming X gpu (factory OC), SoundBlaster X-F1 sound card, 16 gig Corsair Vengeance ddr4 ram @ 3200 , 4 ssd hds, EVGA 650W Gold PS.

just commenting to say ‘Did an 8 hour long distance flight in a glider simulator (Condor 2) .’ Thats pretty hard core.

Pimax, what is the situation with these issues ? I have not seen any remarks of this in latest Pitool release notes or in Pitool and Firmware Progress advisory.

Please respond.

Japo

My 8KX arrived 1 week ago and to my disappointment the same issue is still here.

When using 1.0.2.084 issue is same as with 262 with 5K+.

When using Pitool 260 issue is not there and everything feels normal. I have switched between 1.0.2.084 and 260 many times and I just can’t use 1.0.2.084.
It completely ruins the experience.

I think the reason for this issue is GPU Catalyst. When I put GPU Catalyst on (value 1) in 262 I get the same feeling as in 1.0.2.084.

I know that GPU Catalyst adds GPU usage but it maybe change, how the image is updated. Only difference I could see that the track “flow” is not constant. It looks that track “flows” in steps and not in fluid motion. I don’t know that if this the reason for odd feeling but it’s the only thing I could differentiate between GPU Catalyst on or off.

GPU Catalyst is always on in 262 and later Pitools.

Pimax, PLEASE add a option to turn GPU Catalyst off.

Japo

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.