Some days it's hard to be a Pimax Fan 😑

There is no perfect.

Only what works for you.

2 Likes

Iirc he was the Youtuber whom had a tour of pimax hq long ago. And had a promo pimax headset give away. When some folks were still waiting on backed 5k/8k headsets. One or both units had had an issue requiring an rma exchange.

Lol , i still remember TyrielWood somehow got a 5k+ while we were still waiting for ours.

And then his had stopped working after a couole of days and he had to publically RMA.

Pimax has the worst luck

1 Like

Iirc I think @jTeller forwarded his to him as both had backed the KS.

wait, what? forwarded my 5K+ to him?..did I understand that right :crazy_face: Still have my 5K+, along now with the 8Kx of course.

2 Likes

Might have wrong user. One member iirc received his prior to Tyriel. He loaned/forwarded his to Tyriel while he was waiting to receive his backed headset.

There was no lost of the 5k+ by either involved.

3 Likes

Thick foam arrived today out of the blue, but I am glad it’s here (didn’t really requested it but mentioned I only received thin foam), could have been an even better experience if I knew this is coming, I was only going to request it with my dmas shipment but I am happy pimax didn’t forget afterall.

I personally had good experience so far with pimax, with 5k+ Kickstarter, 5k+ rma, the index bundle, the 8kx preorder, eye tracking unit, so far pimax has done what they said would do. Just the speed and communication is a bit on the lacking side.

Certainly could improve on the experience further if those issues were taken care of.

Overall I am happy with what I got (knowing from the beginning im purchasing a more enthusiast oriented product)

Thanks pimax

5 Likes

I think who ever it was sold him his place in line.

I remember calling him out for scamming his way out of the known bad batch in the lower numbers. And then it happened.

I received mine last month too. Im expecting a $100 VAT charge in a couple of months.

1 Like

Just tried out the thick foam, It is the right size for me.
Much better than the temp fix with vecro on thin foam.
I’ve had a bit of problem staying in the sweetspot as the hmd slides out of it after some time playing and the thick foam holds my face better in the spot.

Im happy with the improvement this gives me. :grinning:

2 Likes

Wasn’t it @tomohm who lent Tyriel his headset for review? :wink:

1 Like

Correct. I lent my 5K+ and my 8K BE to Tyriel for his first Pimax reviews.

The Pimax 5K+ (his first Pimax review video) was my Kickstarter unit (I was a early kickstarter supporter 35X) and I did receive the 8K before Pimax began shipping them to most people in the world. I got the 8K from South Korea where Pimax did release a few of them early. The 8K had the snow-cable issue but Pimax did replaced the cable and it was resolved. I still have those two units… no cracks, no RMA… they work just fine.

BTW… at the time I sold my Pimax 4K with NOLO setup on Ebay and really got all my money back. NOLO and the Pimax 4K was horrible!

4 Likes

Sell em while you still can.

Awesome, I knew it was someone but mind slipped.

:beers::older_man::vulcan_salute::sparkles:

1 Like

so… you’re saying he’s too stupid to figure out the right settings on his own? Or to come here and read the help files?
Somehow I believe that. Another empty talking head.

2 Likes

Tbh no that’s not what I intended (Doh!). It is possible that he might have issues using the headset for a variety od reasons:

1. Physiological issues causing him not to be able to use the headset.
  2. Well maybe. He might only be a “pick up and play” type individual vs one whom can tweak things. (Regular user vs a power user).

So with number 2 he might need someone whom can pre-setup things. So who knows maybe once PE is in a really ready states with the online profiles. It could be what Mike needs.

Hard to say what all of the issues he has had falls in which direction. Those of use whom can work it and have good experience will wonder why he has the issues he might. While those whom could not get it working well enough having a bad experience may understand.

However it is possible with as you said it might be laziness as well.

2 Likes

Its definetely both. He lierally said it himself on one of his podcasts. His IPD is below 60. And he couldnt see right.

And he probably thought if he had to adjust anything to fix it , it was too much work.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.