I’m on the west coast in the US and received my 5k+ yesterday, however I have been unable to get it to power on. No matter what I have done the light near the power button won’t light up and it shows no signs of having power.
Edit3: Fixed the issue by getting a 12v 2amp universal power adapter. With the working adapter the light on the top of the HMD turns red as soon as I plug in the adapter even without a PC connection.
This is the particular adapter that I used, however anything should work as long as it is 12v and at least 2 amps with inner positive and outer negative. The particular adapter end that I ended up needing was the 3.5x1.35mm end. So theoretically a 3.5x1.35mm adapter should also work instead of a universal one.
So far I have tried:
- Push/Pull/Wiggle the wire attached to the headset
- Plugging the USB connector into each port on the front/back of the PC (USB 3.1, 3.0, 2.0)
- Plugging the USB connector into a powered USB hub
- Plugging the power adapter into a power strip and directly into an outlet
- Pushing on the connection between the power adapter and headset wire
- Wiggling every wire connection in case there was some sort of short
- Plugging/Unplugging my Vive box
- Unplugging my 2nd monitor
From the software side I tried:
- PiTool .91, upgrading to .95, uninstalling and then installing the brain-warp beta
- Uninstalling/Reinstalling the USB drivers through SteamVR
- Disabling the USB Power Management through SteamVR
- Multiple PC Reboots throughout
- Updating graphics drivers
- I tried deleting the lighthouse folders once but they weren’t there, likely since the lighthouses have never been detected by PiTool
I haven’t spent a whole lot of time trying things from the software side as I would expect the headset to at least power up even if PiTool wasn’t able to detect it. Though I could be wrong.
Has anyone had this issue before?
I’m beginning to suspect a bad cable since I’ve seen other posts talking about issues with the cable. I think I remember seeing one issue a long time ago where someone had a bad power adapter but I can’t find it any more.
Edit: I missed the banner link to the troubleshooting wiki. I found the post about the bad power adapter: https://community.openmr.ai/t/solved-bad-power-adapter-5k-down-after-3-4-hrs-of-elite/11184?u=davebobman
Edit2: Also, the troubleshooting wiki in case someone finds this post and missed the banner too: https://community.openmr.ai/t/table-of-contents-wiki/10851