SOLVED - Automatic Steam Optimization

Interesting, I thought this was only for locating the default configuration file path, but does it also mean it points to the currently active config file? Thats great news!

1 Like

It should, but you can try out my WFOVFix.exe. on the machines that has non default paths. it will tell you where it found the steamvr.vrsettings and let you cancel out without saving any changes.

https://github.com/craftyinsomniac/WFOVFix/releases/download/v0.1/WFOVFix.exe

1 Like

Interesting, thanks a lot man, highly appreciated! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes thatā€™s exactly what it does :+1:

1 Like

imagine how much easier PE would be if you put this on Github and we could help you with pull requests? :grin:

2 Likes

Indeed, and thats the plan of course :slight_smile: But Pimax team wants it to be rather stable before we go public and put the code in public.

4 Likes

i know the feelingā€¦

2 Likes

@BNP Can you update the version for me somehow? I have the 3090 now and its overriding it with steamVR by itself with gpuHorsepower at 2521 or so.

hah, interesting.

Iā€™m not sure what effect that would have on lower powered cards though.

over time steam will bring it up to the level youā€™re able to support so itā€™s mostly an issue if you run my app more than the ones to set the maxrecommended setting.

I think what I will do is bring any GPUSpeed settings that are less than 2000 up to 2000 and just skip any that are above. that way for you with your powerful card theyā€™ll work and get updated the way valve intended.

edit: iā€™ll add some parameters to set custom values from the command line as well.

edit 2: I should be able to look at it during the weekend.

I guess it doesnt matter for me now, except even with the 3090, its changing target to 1.45ā€¦ instead of 1.5 even, but even then im sure its fine.

But my main point was that it should be available for 30-series cards to increase to 2500+ now if its possible for you to code it in without doing much work, it would be highly appreciated by me (and other 30-series owners im sure)

Iā€™ll have to see how it affects lower powered cards since i canā€™t check for the performance of the card but Iā€™ll see what i can do. Thanks for pointing it out.

No, I mean for lower powered cards, let them chooseā€¦
Like in the second y/n question, instead of Yes/No ask which choice maybe:
Option 1: 1500
2: 2000
3: 2500
4: 3000

Something like that maybe

1 Like