Sold my Pimax 5k+ buyer has a service claim

Lots of laws to understand selling internationally.
The following doesn’t apply to kickstarter orders, but normal sales to Australia are warranted for the reasonable expected lifetime of the product regardless of any written warranty. Companies cannot limit this.
And this will be much more than one year. I would think at least 5 years going off other electronic items in this price range.

1 Like

But does it apply when shop is outside Australia, how would they enforce it?

For example in EU there is 2 year warranty but this only applies when you buy from the shop in the EU territory. If you buy from outside EU (like USA) and import it paying tax & duty, you do not get this customer protection.

4 Likes

Yes enforcement is an issue. I think it depends on whether the seller markets and ships to Australia as opposed to an Australian importing a ‘grey product’.
The govt can stop them selling to Aus if they don’t abide by laws.

1 Like

But can the government stop you from buying & importing becomes the question?

So kind of a pickle.

1 Like

There needs to be a portal for backers to detail the sale of their headsets so warranty and such can be transferred to the new owner.

This should only apply to pre-delivery, however. The headset should be shipped by Pimax directly to the backer’s buyer. If the backer did the shipping themselves then the warranty shouldn’t apply because Pimax would have no clue what state the headset was in when the backer shipped it.

No but if we import a product not usually being sold to Australia and directly shipped to Australia then our consumer laws don’t protect us. It’s totally buyer beware. Kickstarter falls under this too, as in not protected by consumer laws because it wasn’t simply buying a product marketed and shipped to Aus.

3 Likes