So much for the monday update...Pimax Missed the boat again

I suppose the problem is… the minimum amount of pieces that manufacturers want to sell.

I supposd that theirs suppliers want to sell more than 7.000 pieces. That’s the reason why Pimax is hurry with preorders.

They need to know if they can buy… a lot more of pieces, like X0.000. And they need money to buy all lot.

3 Likes

Lets just make it easier to swallow: There is a good chance we wont get the headset before february, so just make ur peace with it. Its all the same if u screamed everyday here or u stayed calm and looked for another way to pass theses monthes. For me i got myself a tpcast for my rift, and I am really happy now :smiley:

7 Likes

That’s the thing. If we have information… we can spend our money in another HMD meanwhile if there is a big delay again.

And sell it when Pimax comes.

4 Likes

I recall some backer asked robin about the production till christmas, he said they would be able to make 2500 to 3000 headsets till then. So backers till number 3000 have a good chance. The others just have to wait

Worst. Cult. Ever. Period.

2 Likes

You really thinking that they are not trying ? They probably working 24/7 agian last days. You know shit about starting production in manufactury. Sorry but cant stand about this kind of pushing stuff… Its only bring opositive effects with unrealistic statments from them nothing more.

6 Likes

Not so much pushing but at least communicating without ducking questions.

1 Like

Probably not. Some are more stoic than others.

Even big companies can have production problems. Like all of nVidia’s RTX 2080 Ti hardware failures (sometimes even the replacement card dies). https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/nvidia-rtx-2080-ti-graphics-cards-dying/

As I’ve said in the past, I want it to be good, even if that means additional delays.

7 Likes

But they should at least keep with their update schedule even if the news isn’t over whelmingly positive.

22 Likes

Agreed 100%. (π × 6.3662 characters) :laughing:

9 Likes

So are Pimax aware of how bad there reputation is becoming? I just don’t understand why they aren’t addressing these problems and hiring and training more staff . There updates are mythical and seem designed to buy them a couple more weeks. But what does this achieve?

4 Likes

It’s interesting how you talk about their reputation as that’s pretty subjective.
I personally dont’ care about updates and am fine for them to just keep working.
When they have something they’ll say it.

Why can’t everyone just relax? Surely people have something better to do. Get another hobby?
Get a job? I dunno :stuck_out_tongue:
I’m generally too busy to worry about what Pimax is doing.

3 Likes

Do you think you’ll get your pimax faster if they post on the forums?

Also don’t make up lies yourself if you’re gonna accuse others.

4 Likes

Come down… It comes as it comes and you will not change anything if you curse people as liars.
They will inform us if there is something to say.

2 Likes

Lol I am still waiting for my preorder on the 3rd party RTX 2080 TI. And its already almost november.
So yeah these things happen.

4 Likes

Oh @allocen, you crack me up everytime. I understand you and I also agree but man, how you kick yourself in the head with your writing style everytime haha. Just try the anger management method of writing all your thoughts, then delete it, write again in a calmer tone. And in your case just never post it or just write it again. Try different words that convey the same meaning, puzzle a bit. Ranting doesn’t seem to calm you and isn’t effective on this forum in the least. So try different approaches where you decide expressing anger is useless but finding great ways to express yourself lirically is a new challenge to put your energy in.

5 Likes

Respectfully, it sounds like you might not fully understand the situation. @allocen suffers from a painful illness (seriously) and is looking forward to the distraction that VR provides (like several other forum members). The delays hit him “extra hard”.

Personally, I overlook his outbursts, since I figure he’s just having another bad day.

13 Likes

Maybe they’re having another “intensive argument internally”
Be advised, have a nice day!

4 Likes

I’m sure he has his personal reasons to feel the way he does. My remarks were not about any justification of emotions, they were of the communication style and the usefulness of that style.

But my appology @allocen if I made you feel I was unsympathetic, I’m just offering some unsollicited advice to go along with my remark.

6 Likes

I get you Allocen.

Pimax totally disrespect us in communication again and again. Instead of improving they actually get worse.

Then half the forum somehow convince themselves that we mustn’t speak badly of pimax. Do they worry themselves that speaking badly will lead to having their hmd withheld or something? (Which is effectively selling your soul for a hmd if you don’t speak truth for fear of consequence.)

It’s a simple truth that Pimax continually disrespect backers in their communication. They just keep on going with it. Excuses are exactly that, excuses rather than taking responsibility and improving.

9 Likes