Signup now for Orlando & New York Roadshow Pimax meetups!

Hello everyone!
Thank you for filling out the survey we sent out earlier today. The survey was made to analyze how many of you are able or are interested to join these two East Coast meetups. As we’ve got nearly 100 positive responses, there is no doubt we have a community with lots of happy VR enthusiasts ready for the roadshow. We hope you will enjoy the days with us trying out the new Pimax headsets, and we will do our best to please you all!

And once again, we apologize for the extremely short notice for these meetups, we wish we could have announced them earlier, but couldnt get it confirmed before early this morning. Also, we are only able to do 1 day meetups in each of the cities, and we chose the days based on the number of requests we got from you in the survey,

Anyway, here are both signup-pages for the Orlando and New York meetups. We have dedicated 60 slots in total for each meetup and we hope that as many of you as possible can join us now on Friday 17th and Sunday 19th. We might even squeeze in a few more slots if necessary.

The meetups are of course free to attend, and we will let you know about the exact locations at some point during tomorrow (Thursday).

Orlando Roadshow meetup, Friday January 17th

New York Roadshow meetup, Sunday January 19th

2 Likes

@SweViver ping, what is the best way to contact you directly?

EDIT: I can imagine you are a bit overwhelmed. Just trying to make sure I am reaching you.

2 Likes

There are still available slots for both roadshows, but Im happy to see so many of you can join with such a short notice. Thank you guys!

@mirage335 Usually its easiest to just email me. Im basically bombed with PMs here in the forums which I still haven’t gone through lately. Lots to do here, 2 days until roadshow in Orlando and we are still waiting for computers…

2 Likes

It will be THIS Friday 10:00am at the Midpointe Hotel at 9956 Hawaiian Ct, Orlando, FL 32819. (Near I-Drive)

1 Like

Scheduled a slot, I’ll be there later in the afternoon. Will it be possible to demo something besides the airplane simulator?

2 Likes

Sweviver, are you going to have videos at those shows? Remember to ask them what headsets they owned before and then compare them, it’s important to get their perspective.

Maybe let them watch a movie on 8KX and ask them how it go? Any SDE, ect…

1 Like

We need help with the NYC venue. If anyone knows a good NYC venue available for Sunday and access to some PC’s that would be greatly appreciated. Not looking good for the NYC meetup so far, the Orlando one will go on as planned tomorrow morning.

@PimaxUSA @SweViver

Maker/hacker spaces, generally being smart geeky (usually non-profit) places full of people into everything from VR to ECG, would be a good fit.

Two of the biggest in NYC apparently are NYCResistor and TheIMClab. Of those two, I am more familiar with NYCResistor as a typical space, but TheIMClab may be an even better fit, apparently being larger and VR oriented.

Keep in mind these spaces usually will NOT respond to phone calls except during official events (ie. when keyholding members are present). Email, IRC, Slack, etc, are the best ways to reach them.

NYCResistor
Reportedly 901 ft^2 + 700 ft^2 . Probably can host ~15 people in each room at a time.

TheIMClab
Reportedly >4000 ft^2 .

Collab
Reportedly 5500 ft^2 .

A (probably incomplete) list of NYC hackerspaces, with square footage, is available from the hackerspaces wiki.
https://wiki.hackerspaces.org/Biggest

3 Likes

@PimaxUSA @SweViver
Couple of bites. TheIMClab in particular is very much a perfect fit, huge space, ground floor, eager to see our tech themselves, and I would say is something of an accredited hackerspace.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.