Should Pimax limit preorders to 1 per person?

I have read here and there that people want to buy more than one HMD on preorder but should preorders be restricted as supply will be limited?
I’m not saying people who want to preorder more than 1 HMD do so for nefarious or selfish reasons but would it be fair that other people have to wait much longer for a single HMD or perhaps cannot preorder at all because people ahead of them have purchased several HMD’s?
Obviously once production was out of the preorder phase there would be no restrictions but a limit on preorders by a single buyer would seem reasonable to me.

More like 1 order per week at the current rate :smiley:

3 Likes

They’ve already been taking pre-orders from business customers - a lot of them won’t have been ordering 1 headset.

1 Like

Btw… what the chinese holidays you are talking about? I’ve ordered cable mount system two days ago and just got my tracking number. So, someone, who have to do some job have no holidays.
:slight_smile:

I’m sure that’s true but should there not be a distinction between early business adopters and private preorders?

Limiting preorders makes sense when you know (roughly) that they are going to exceed your production capacity and at the same time, you know that you cannot (or want not) increase that capacity.

But in Pimax’ case (or any start-up case in general), it does not really matter, because Pimax has no idea, what will be the “standard” demand and if the preorder demand is significantly higher (or not). So in the end for them the best is to honor all preorders regardless from where they come and just serve them on the first come first serve basis and slowly ramp up the production at the same time. Those who will preorder won’t have any other choice anyway.

3 Likes

If you research their holiday system they have to jump through hoops to get them compared to say Canadians like myself whom get free paid stat holidays.

1 Like