Selling RTX 3080 but little confuse in between what to upgrade with. Any advice please

You look very knowledgeable and thanks for the detailed explanation. What do you think is better in between 3080 Ti and 6900 XT? Especially for 8KX. Let’s say my main use is watching videos especially those where we can explore beautiful things in world where we can just chill and enjoy which we actually dream to do in real world but as all know it’s not possible to do everything in real world in this lifetime and that why we buy VR. So, for it I want best possible picture and FOV and that is my main reason actually to bought 8KX in first place because of its FOV and high resolution, Also, I play sports games mostly like table tennis, IB Cricket etc. and sim racing sometime but I might play it more when I buy wheels and all those things which make it more interesting but yes I do like racing games. I don’t have much interest in shooting games even though I bought some of them Including Half Lyf Alex which is very popular one in VR gamers but after playing it for sometime then don’t know why I lose interest to complete it and since then I never get that feel to play it again.

Personally, I feel like a 3080 is perfectly fine and those two are a waste of money at those prices for most people if you don’t have loads to burn. The 8k X is just a really demanding headset as dual 4k+barrel distortion supersampling is hard even for a 3090 on a lot of stuff. Chances are you’re probably not VRAM limited, though it’s not impossible, there’s more than just VRAM for performance and allocation=/=usage. If you got the 3080 for a particularly good price, I think you would be better served hanging onto it till the next GPU gen and putting that upgrade toward something more substantial if you’re willing to spend this much money.

If you’re dead set on buying at those prices though I don’t think the 6900XT is worth the several hundred extra dollars over the 3080TI, more counting changing your PC case, and I think it performs worse, but I also don’t think the price gap from the 3080 to the 3080 TI is worth it though, unless you sell the 3080 for what’d basically be a free upgrade in this market.

1 Like

Yeah, I am on 3080 since November 2020 and actually, Now the scenario is if I want Asus Tuf Gaming 3080 Ti then a person here want to exchange it with my year-old 3080 along with he will pay to me an additional USD 110 and his 3080 Ti is 3 months used. Also, If I want to swap with Asus Tuf Gaming 6900 XT brand new sealed pack then it’s just a swap with no additional money.

1 Like

I will clarify something regarding prices. Maybe prices have settled more recently. But often you could find the plain RTX 3080’s to be more expensive than the RTX 3080TI’s. It turned out that many of the older 3080 have full mining capabilities while the 3080 ti’s were nerfed and the prices reflected that on the second hand market.

2 Likes

Yes old 3080 have more value in Market than 3080 Ti because miners interested in it.

3 Likes

I would like to add one more thing there are 2 months used INNO3D GEFORCE RTX 3090 ICHILL X4 which is is another exchange offer available for me but that required an additional USD 600 from my pocket + my year old 3080. Does anyone use this brand card so please let me know if it has any known issues?

1 Like

Never mind, the wait is over and the Asus 3090 Strix card I was looking for from the beginning is coming tomorrow in stock and I have reserved one for myself. Thanks for all your help and suggestion guys.

3 Likes

Just received today earlier, It’s beautiful and must say there is a huge difference between 3080 and 3090 especially for 8KX.

1 Like

Congrats! I’m sure you’ll enjoy your new card.

2 Likes

Thanks, mate. But now I have to fix this tracking issue which I am having for a long time even with my RTX 3080. my controller disappears sometimes especially in-game where I need some movements. I think a new post about it will be a good idea but I will search first if anyone already having these issues with the solution if using a single base station 2.0.

1 Like

I only use a single base station. Sometimes it loses track of a controller, but only when the line-of-sight is blocked by furniture or my body. The controller comes right back as soon as it can see the base station again.

1 Like

The same happening to me

2 Likes

I would suggest trying multiple base station placements to maximize your needs.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.