[Request] Anyone willing to let me try their Pimax rig?

Hello, I am interested in the Pimax VR headsets, but it is a lot of money to put down on a product I have never laid my hands on, so I am hoping to find someone who already has one who would be willing to let me try their setup. I am in the St. Louis, Missouri area.

2 Likes

Being Covid likes to enter in through the eyes nose and mouth, I’m inclined not to demo my Pimax these days and that’s up here in Canada.

3 Likes

As Dogbite said with Covid in play might be difficult for folks to be willing to meetup under these difficult times. As one would want extra face foam minimally.

I imagine vr arcades are likely being hit hard as with any entertainment that requires shared equipment or close proximity to folks they don’t know. Many events are even going virtual as a result.

1 Like

Or be willing not to use the headset afterwards for 1-2 day. Should be more than long enough time to kill all the viruses on artificial surfaces ( stated by scienitists) :mask:

1 Like

If it is virus stuff, then wearing a mask, and sterilizing the equipment before and after use should be enough to limit things, but I wasn’t planning to do this immediately, just start talks. I am hoping for a vaccine to be available to the general public early next year. And that is probably when I would do this.

1 Like

True, it’s a lot of money and I absolutely recommend testing a Pimax headset before buying one. I’m in Atlanta, GA, which I assume is too far away.

3 Likes

Just please don’t sterilize the lenses :slight_smile: i already saw precedents
https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/ifa1h2/oculus_rift_s_lenses_damaged_by_disinfectant/

2 Likes

Good point. Alcohol will fog polycarbonate plastics, which are commonly used for lenses.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.