[Replied]Where are the remaining EU and Australian Backer Headsets?

We seem to have gotten off topic. I’m going to split the thread.

Here’s a link to the new thread: https://community.openmr.ai/t/lighthouse-tracking-issues/16378?u=neal_white_iii

4 Likes

OMG i got tracking for the 8k! I’m also still in the building tab like a few others

3 Likes

Yea! It’s on the way. I hope your setup goes easier than my 8K did (tracking issues). It looks great, when it’s actually working.

2 Likes

Yes i hope it will be easy , it’s hard when your so curious to use the headset and the setup is giving problems. If it looks like i have seen on the demoday i’m very happy :). Already got some lighthouses and controllers, could buy it second hand.

1 Like

I hope you find it worth the wait. The 8K is amazing; it’s the first VR headset I’ve ever owned. I’ve tried others, but imo, they just weren’t good enough. The immersion factor is huge.

4 Likes

great you can start with such a headset, night and day difference with the og Vive for example. i did recommend it to you some time ago, so always nice to hear if it’s what you like :slight_smile:
Edit. @glassy99 i really do hope it will go the same with you and others that you will suddenly get your trackingnr. The spreadsheet does not say a lot apperantly

3 Likes

The start up has been problematic. It’s worth it, when it’s working. I was quite unhappy last night. I spent all my game time troubleshooting, instead of playing.

3 Likes

oke thanks for letting me know i will prepare myself :slight_smile:
and then a lot of tweaking…

2 Likes

Well it’s Monday so here’s to another week of waiting and wondering what’s going on with Pimax deliveries to the remaining backers. Good luck everyone

3 Likes

Congratulations on finally getting your tracking no!
And thank you!

It seems Pimax are prioritizing US/UK and EU … I guess I will have to keep on waiting.

2 Likes

5K+ for backer 53xx arrived in Melbourne today. Initial impression of build quality is very good. Have the dreaded pixel-flickering, so will be looking at cable replacement. Also, can’t get it to track the 2 VIVE base-stations I bought on Ebay, but that’s most probably me being an idiot forgetting something obvious. If anyone has a link to an idiot’s guide to setting up lighthouses for Pimax, that be much appreciated. Will only be using the Pimax seated for Flight simming and possibly racing, so might flog off one of the base-stations once I have the problem sorted.

1 Like

Check 5k 8k Directory in banner topic.

@anon74848233 please add to earlybackers

1 Like

Mine got to the local airport before 8am this morning but because delivery is scheduled for tomorrow they just made a note that it’s not due for delivery and kept it because clearly when things are couriered people aren’t in a hurry :frowning: I should get it sometime tomorrow (NZ)

What company has the delivery for NZ?

Fedex. hmm messages must be at least 20 characters

thanks man, it can’t be long for you too anymore!

1 Like

Hopefully all the NZ ones arrived in the country at the same time, there can’t be very many I assume

Welcome to join Early Backers Group

But where are the rest of the 5k+ headsets backer 6248 in UK and still no tracking or headset why is this PLEASE EXPLAIN

1 Like

Hi Neal, @Heliosurge. I just received my 8k. Everything works perfect and the setup took me about half an hour for everything, maybe i’m lucky with my motherboard, relieved everything is fine :slight_smile:
Compared to my Lenovo the colors are nice and warm tone and much better blacks i noticed in elite, higher res and wow the FOV! Skyrim looks stunning.
The performance was not at all as bad as i thought, i used a lot of supersampling with my Lenovo, so the difference isn’t major
A few minor issues, the facepad is to tin, i see an overlap between the lenses and the fishbowl effect on the edges, but i already noticed it will be solved a great deal withmore distance a thicker facepad and finetuning the ipd. The headstrap is not comfy but will be solved also.
All and all i want to give big compliments to @PimaxVR for delivering such a beast of a headset!

6 Likes