[Replied]When are we getting calibration on the colors 5K+

@anon74848233
Are we going to get calibration on the colors and when ?

15 Likes

Colors and brightness control. Good and important question.

5 Likes

Yes I would like to know the answer to this also.

2 Likes

Is there any other game except Onward where the colors are bad?

I don’t see any difference with any other game I’ve tried from my Vive, so as long as they fix Onward then I don’t really see the need for calibration software.

1 Like

I guess it is a global “issue” not just in Onward

1 Like

It’s not, the brightness is another thing that can’t be fixed, you can’t just add more brightness with out more leds, the colors in Onward is an issue with the pimax that is not a limitation of the screen. It’s literally good on other applications in the Pimax.

The brightness really isn’t that big of a deal, sure the Vive is better but I’m not annoyed by it.

2 Likes

Apparently, and by what I have read and seen, the 5K+ has a slight blue tint to it compared to the 8K, can been see on skin tones, and robin from Pimax said they have not calibrated the colors of the 5k+ yet, and so far they still have not done it.

1 Like

Same. I’d liked to see a warmer colour for the 5k+

2 Likes

Indeed we need color/saturation adjustment along with brightness and maybe contrast.

Using vorpX and changing the saturation/color makes things look more alive. The panels are not bad for reproducing colors, but the software/renderer is limiting it.

6 Likes

If that works I may buy Vorpx. Is it easy to do and does it work for DCS?

Nah VorpX is made for non-VR games and give them VR support with 3d stereoscopic view. It works lovely in some games but worse with others. A lot of fiddling around with settings/profiles. DCS already has native VR support, so no need for vorpX.

But yes it gives u more freedom with settings like saturation, 3D depth, sharpness etc.

If u want to try AAA games like Battlefield V in VR then vorpX is the only option. And it works surprisingly well if setup correctly.

2 Likes

Ok thanks… guess I’ll wait for the Pimax option.

not sure about the answer i know been asked before,
@SweViver is Reshade working with Pimax ?

1 Like

Hmm not sure @Jean-Mehdi as i havent tried it. I thought VR in general didnt support Reshade? Like all Fallout/Skyrim mods with Reshade? Or maybe im wrong…

u are right but why not try with Pimax.
I think it has something to do with detecting the headset as second screen.
If we could make it work it would be amazing, unfortunately an’t test it yet .

1 Like

This was regarding the Rift 10 months ago.

Not sure if Pimax can do anything about it…
Looks like we would need direct to hmd mode support.
Might be worth a try :slight_smile:

2 Likes

In order to get Reshade to work we would need the headset to be recognised as second screen.
Is that doable @anon74848233 ?

1 Like

You’d think Pimax would fix this soon. Every review (including mine) says the colors are washed out and it could use more brightness. We definitely need a brightness slider too, like the Oculus Go. I’m wondering if Pimax is overclocking by default and it’s hard to get that to work properly. The Pimax brightness is where the Oculus Go defaults to, 50%. Oculus Go at 100% is really nice, maybe approaching Samsung Odyssey+ brightness.

3 Likes

Let’s poke @anon74848233 and @Sean.Huang again
Pitool really needs the brightness and color adjustment sliders.

8 Likes

yes, the colors are are the only thing i really dont like on my 5k+
@anon74848233 please fix this via Software update

5 Likes