[Replied] What is the "module" line and what is it producing, and why are no units of the 8k being produced or shipped?

@anon74848233 @Matthew.Xu

1. What exactly does it mean by module line with regards to the production of module units? I thought Pimax was sourcing LHs from another supplier and that the controllers was not yet being manufactured?

2. Why is it that there are no models of the 8k being produced or shipped when the graphics indicate that 177 models of the 8k went into production on the 1st of November 2018 and that there are another 323 in storage in the warehouse still?

5 Likes

Hi, let me answer your question:

1. Before the whole unit is assembled, there are module lines. It is responsible for assembling lens modules.

2. 8K is expected to start assembly next Tuesday, and all the machines and modules currently assembled are 5K+.

23 Likes

Props to Pimax PR for responding so quickly, you guys have improved levels with respect to that. Thanks for clarifying that confusion @Matthew.Xu

13 Likes

Hello there how can it be that the 8k starts assembly next tuesday?
Because i got a email that my package was send to a U.K. warehouse…

And i ordered the 8K,could you explain please…

Best regards,

John2910

2 Likes

At the beginning we were producing 5K + and 8K together, but in order to increase production capacity, we have been producing 5K + according to the order. The good news is that Kickstarter’s order 5K + is almost finished. So we expect to start production of 8K next Tuesday. This will not affect the 8K backer to get their headset.

13 Likes

There were some models made of the 8k in previous months, however since then the production has shifted entirely to the 5k+, your headset may be one of those models which has already been shipped.

3 Likes

Do you mean you already produced all 8k required for backers?

Because 8K module and 5K + module are different, in order to improve production capacity, almost all of the previous production is 5K+, 8K only produces some. We update this situation in the production daily. It is expected to produce 8K from next Tuesday. Thank you

7 Likes

What is last baker number that was sent a 8k?
Thank you @Matthew.Xu

1 Like

I am not sure about the last 8K backer number because I don’t have this data. I need to confirm with my colleagues. Thank you.

2 Likes

Hi Matthew!
Can you please check mine?
I backed two headsets and only received the 5k. When I asked support about the missing 8K, they told me on December 19 that “Your 8K headset has arrived at the warehouse and we will deliver your package from the warehouse in this week.”

Now 17 days later I still don’t have even a tracker number, let alone a headset.
I asked support about it multiple times since, but zero response.

I’m backer #441.

thanks,
Milan

3 Likes

Please rest assured that I will confirm it for you on Monday. Thank you.

4 Likes

Hi @Matthew.Xu,
Do you know when we will get more detailed info about tracking ?

Wait is very hard now …

3 Likes

Everything will be better next week.

8 Likes

Lets hope that fortune cookie you just opened is right :slight_smile:
Lets wait and see,
Thank you

12 Likes

Hey @Matthew.Xu! Welcome back! When did you return? Are you feeling better?

1 Like

next tuesday 8k shortage will be explained due to

A somthing somthing somthing

B somthing other than somthing

C just because is all

D please stop asking were doing our best

E o my god just be patient

Hey @Riccardo, Thank you very much! I came back after the New Year holiday. I’m feeling pretty good.

4 Likes

Please don’t be so pessimistic. At present, there will be no accidents in production.

10 Likes

im sorry this just reminds me when the screens were delayed ,it took a lot of pokin to get the word out that production was delayed again :slightly_smiling_face: its been a long year

3 Likes