[Replied]To RMA or not to RMA?

I will keep an eye on it :pensive:
I have just noticed that the head phone jack is a bit lose and the left channel cuts out if the plug is not in the right place :smirk:

How do you get the โ€œฯ€5k+โ€ thingy by your name ?

1 Like

@Heliosurge can help add u to the list.

I sure hope the casing quality has improved since.

1 Like

Please PM me about your information.

1 Like

@anon74848233 please add to earlybackers

1 Like

@Heliosurge
You are a forum god :cupid::gift_heart::sparkling_heart::kiss::joy::smiley::sunglasses:

1 Like

I wish life would be grand. :beers::joy::+1::sparkles:

Just like Oak Studios โ€œGod Serengetiโ€

1 Like

Well, Pimax guys are in touch with me and we see how things go.

On an up side, I got my eGPU housing yesterday and now have my RTX2080 attached to my laptop. Seems to give 2x performance over the 1070 Maax-Q of the laptop and the other bonus is the laptop now runs at load around the mid 60โ€™s celcius. Before it was more mid 80โ€™s with spikes into mid 90โ€™s (with under volt of -0.140)

I should now be able to use the Ultimate Performance Power Plan without worrying about throttling or cooking the laptop.

1 Like

With thunderbolt overhead, 2x performance of 1070? I wonder Even 2080 in a desktop can reach 2x of 1070?

1 Like

The 2080 is said to be on par with a 1080ti but with 8g instead if 11g.

1070 Max-Q

For given PiTool settings and SteamVR settings in Il2 BoS - yes, I am getting close to 2x the fps. REmember that the 2080 will push better frames at resolution than the 1070.

Anyway, this will be a less than a year placeholder card for me until the next gen are released and teamed with probably a Ryzen 3 based desktop system. For what I do, it is easier to fly with sys internals and throw them into a location case than bother with a laptop which I hate using as a device on its own. Just pack MB, CPU, Mem, Drives and GPU in about the same space as a laptop with eGPU.

Have Case with power supply at each end and just plonk bits in.

1 Like

Sff cases are decent for this as well. Just need a screen & mouse keyboard.

@Pimax-Support;sean.huang@pimaxvr.com

Ok, been a week (24/02) since replying to Sean huangโ€™s email and not much since then.

Just touching base and seeing he got my reply email and what is to be expected. Email and SMS as well as PMโ€™s are good ways to communicate as it is documented.