[Replied]Pimax 5k+ stuck in standby

The led would be blinking, alternating between three colors (red, green, blue?)

EDIT: Perhaps some of these could help you
https://community.openmr.ai/t/table-of-contents-wiki/10851?u=davebobman

I mean that when it’s booted up the led on top shines green. It does not blink or anything. From what I’ve found this is the correct behavior.

I’ve unfortunately tried all of the steps in that wiki related to tracking issues already. Will try to flash the firmware tomorrow if nothing else pops up.

EDIT: Apparently I have reached my maximum number of posts for today, so I have to wait another 19h to post again (great feature!). So I will reply below instead.

Ah, I misunderstood you. I guess it’s not in DFU mode then.

There is no config folder there for me. Only 25 log files and a profile.json.

@cruser_icu I own 2 lighthouses but one of them came without a power cable. So until I receive my replacement in a couple of days I only have one lighthouse.

How is it in the dfu mode if it works when he turns off the lighthouse tracking? :roll_eyes:

@Clinch maybe betternnot flash the firmware just yet. Have you tried a different version of the Pitool?

I was saying that there would be multicolored blinking if it was stuck in DFU mode.

1 Like

Maybe is something related in the firmware. Who knows ?!

@Clinch

Have you tried to delete the lighthouse folder from C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\Pimax\runtime\config\lighthouse and then restart pimax service ?

Led would be blinking red/green/blue if in DFU mode. I just went threw that issue.
grey screens meen no tracking

Deleting the lighthouse folder like @Douglaster said worth trying

1 Like

Clinch, Do you have 2 lighthouses?

What does “Diagnose” in PiTool->Help says? Which Firmware version are you on, which PiTool version?

Try this, move HMD away from LH line of sight for a couple seconds, HMD facing floor helps.
Make sure LH seen the HMD first.

You are currently a “basic” user(Trust Level 1). I am assuming the post limitation is intended for spam prevention (since it is fairly easy to become a “basic” user).

You will be upgraded to a “member” user (Trust Level 2) once you meet the following criteria.

• Visiting at least 15 days, not sequentially
  • Casting at least 1 like
  • Receiving at least 1 like
  • Replying to at least 3 different topics
  • Entering at least 20 topics
  • Reading at least 100 posts
  • Spend a total of 60 minutes reading posts

Try ending all pimax processes in task manager except the service launcher. Keep an eye on the lenses to see if light is shining through them now.

Sorry about the late reply. Been blocked from posting in my own thread as my forum account is new. I’ll reply in order.

There is no config folder there for me. Only 25 log files and a profile.json. I checked for hidden files as well but none to be found.

I own 2 lighthouses but one of them came without a power cable. So until I receive my replacement in a couple of days I only have one lighthouse.

The only weird thing in the diagnostic is Steam VR. I have reinstalled it twice and it keeps saying so. But my issue appears already in PiTool, so not sure if it could be related.

Firmware V2.1.255.181
PiTool version *.95, but previously tried with *.91 as well with the same result.

Tried it a couple of dozen times in various ways but no luck. The state of the lighthouse in PiTool changes from “Ready” to “Not tracked” when it’s obscured, but that’s all. It takes a little while for it to go back to “Ready” state though.

Yes. It’s just a very weird solution and worse, one that punishes their paying customers. I don’t understand how preventing users from replying to their own thread is a risk. As this is the official forum, they could at least let us buyers verify that we are in fact paying customers rather than hindering us from fixing problems with their product. Having a minimum wait period of over two weeks to be able to post properly is not exactly ideal.

Tried ending the other three processed related to Pimax. All that happened was that the lenses went black, the led was red and then it booted up again to its previous behavior.

It isn’t a very strict requirement (from a forum point of view) but in this sort of situation you could just request the forum moderator (@Heliosurge) to raise your level.

Have you tried the basestation in different mode (b/c)

Have you ran the room setup in Pitool / Steam?

This is your main problem.

Can you check in the Windows logs if the pitool.exe have permissions to write files to that folder ? Do you have any antivirus or related software ?

Being restricted to 10 forum posts per 24h for 15 days is very strict for an official product forum. A 1h wait I’d be okay with. 24h is just absurd. Anyway, this is off-topic. :slight_smile: I’ll try to speak to Heliosurge, thanks.

I have tried it in all three modes, and I have tried both of my lighthouses (but one at a time), each located at opposite corners of the room (currently using the one which is ~1,5m from my seated position).

I am not able to run room setup because the tools notice that the headset is not tracked, so it doesn’t allow me to click “next”.

Very possible. Not accessed these before. I assume it’s the one in Event Viewer under the “Security” choice? Anything in particular I should be looking for?

For antivirus I only use Windows Defender.

I believe so, yes.

Disable anything that could intefere with Pitool. Windows Defender, Windows Firewall etc.

Very strange that isn´t a lighthouse folder there.

Tried to disable them and restart PiTool but same thing. At what point should this folder be created? When installing PiTool?

These are all the files I have in there.

I believe they are created after you run the initial setup.