[Replied]O no my pimax 5kplus cracked!

Not been on these forums for quite a while. Catching up on posts and seen this thread with almost 400 replies and all them different user photos. So glad I cancelled my pre-order over a month ago. Damn shame! Hope you all get these replaced.

3 Likes

The team while it is slow at times is being good with replacing units with cracks. At last official statement of units at the time shipped is under 3% overal for unit failures including more thsn housing. This percentage is still much higher than a company would prefer to have (Parts Per Million) but in perspective us much lower than Nvidia’s RTX failure rate.

In any event it always sucks to have to rma anything.

5 Likes

I started a thread called Stability problems on Jan 12 but the only person that I have read with the same problems till now is you.

3 Likes

Just received an email from @Sean.Huang about sending replacement 5k+ for cracked casing.
But in the email it’s requesting I send the cracked 5k+ back first and once they received and confirm, only then they will ship my replacement 5k+.

is this the way its going for everyone now?! I mean I contacted support 7th of Jan, 1 month later you tell me this now.

I need to make sure this is an authentic email from pimax before I am sending anything, @Sean.Huang is this true?

9 Likes

@oysta1109
I thought something like this would be coming due to the amount of hmds with small cracks appearing.
Now Pimax are backpedalling on what they said they would do before.
I would say this is an attempt to get out of sending out replacements to the more minor ones because let’s face it. This means you will lose your headset for months with pimax’s track record.
A lot wont want to do that after waiting so long in the first place.

2 Likes

@anon74848233 @Sean.Huang I’m just going to leave this here

11 Likes

sending the defective hmd back is not an issue.
but obviously the deal has changed from what was promised,

3 Likes

This could be due to folks not sending the defective unit back after receiving replacement unit within a reasonable time period. As some still have both.

But this change; if due to that should be communicated instead of being a “surprise reveal”.

2 Likes

I will wait for the official confirmation on this matter before sending it back.

But the whole process took over a month to reach this stage, just to obtain a return address. FYI.

And what if i send the hmd back and somehow pimax doesn’t acknowledge/hasn’t receive my returned hmd does that mean I won’t get a replacement?

Kind of disappointing having to jump through hoops to get a defective product replaced don’t you think.

8 Likes

It could also mean that they are getting to many defective HMDs.
Probably a combination of not getting returned HMDs and to many Defective HMDs

3 Likes

Haha, I thought this thread wouldn’t concern me, but just for fun I checked for cracks and found THREE of those suckers in the same corners. Never dropped and always handled with utmost care!

Is there by now a proven way how to handle this? The thread is a little TL;DR for me :wink:

3 Likes

Sorry to hear. But yeah they need to post how this process is being handled & a reason for changes to the original process.

2 Likes

I did get this email also from @Sean.Huang now…

But they told me first that they had sended my replacement,but again, lies lies lies.

They didnt send it…

And now they also want first my old pimax back…

I have been calm for many months but now i totaly had it with there support and communication and lies…

@Pimax-Support ,This is not a way too treat your backers and customers with those lies!!

If i would do this with my own shop to my customers to tell those lies,i can close the doors!!

This is what you promised and still need to do,it are your own words:

Special customer service for backers

1.Every backer deserves our Pimax special customer service. Once the reported hardware issue of the product is confirmed by the Pimax team online, we will ship a new headset or new accesories to backers to replace the detective ones. Backers do not need to wait until we get the detective products back. (Notes: this is only for backers)

We have been patient enough! @Sean.Huang @Pimax-Support

7 Likes

i started this topic on 6 jan 2019,

Now see how far i come,just nowhere…

They told me so many things,but at the end i still dont got the replacement…

@Sean.Huang @PimaxUSA @Pimax-Support

3 Likes

Im also waiting for over a month without an answer to many question to diffenerent employés.
Becker 1150 ,SUPEN 873.
They also stated i can use the headset until the new one arrives.
Its not accaptable to change this to who this was promised.

4 Likes

Im so jealous of everyone with their broken pimaxes. Wheres my broken pimax.

10 Likes

Waiting for over 3 months. Backer 41

1 Like

exactly what I was thinking lol

1 Like

No worries you will get yours :rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

@destraudo :joy::rofl:
You might even get a good one & feel left out

4 Likes