[Replied]Controllers - how long do I have to wait?

Hello :slight_smile: ,

I have questions about pimax 5k.

1. Which controller is better? Trackpad or the thumbstick? Hybrid?
    I prefer thumbstick… i can play all games with that?
  2. If I order it (headset+controllers), I get only the headset yet? Because it seems the controller are not exist now. How long do I have to wait? because I think first the backer / pre-orderer will get it. That would take months?

(sry for my english… wenn du deutsch kannst wäre mir eine Antwort in deutsch lieber :))

2 Likes

Controllers & LHes are coming out later. Pre Order is a deposit as price is not finalised. Aa for Thumbsticks vs trackpad? Hard to say which is better. If your interested in trying a mix I would reccommend buying a Steamcontroller. Trackpad can have benefits but like anything new takes time to learn & adapt.

Myself? I think one of each is good. Myself as a backer of 2 headsets opted for a complete set of both controllers.

You’d should receive headset first & LHes & controllers when available. Probably End of q2 or early q3 (only a guess) @anon74848233 & @Matthew.Xu may have a better idea. Though likely only an estimate.

The headset can still be enjoyed with 3dof with Seated games.

3 Likes

We will release Controllers Demo in CES(9th Jan),The ship arrangement of Base station&controllers will be Q2 2019

7 Likes

Thank you for your answer :).
A deposit… that means if the final price is higher, then I have to pay the rest later?
(or lower, than I got the money back?)

Probably End of q2 or early q3…I have only a mixed reality headset and I can’t use this controllers.
Too bad, I think I wait until everything is available for purchase.

1 Like

Unfortunately no mix reality controllers are not compatible. However you could use your wmr for standing & roomscale.

While in the meantime use your pimax for seated experiences like:

Elite Dangerous
Distance
Project Cars
Vox Machinae
Solus Project

And more. But do understand the desire to wait on complete package with controller/LH pricing finalised. :beers::sunglasses::+1::sparkles:

I myself can only enjoy seated experiences & standing experiences using a Razer Hydra.

1 Like

I think maybe the base station will be earlier than the controller.
However, I don’t have time to collect more information about base stations and controllers.
Perhaps there will be new news on CES. Thank you.

6 Likes

Awesome thanks Matthew. Myself content to wait as I know things are busy. :beers::sunglasses::+1::sparkles:

2 Likes

Why is my Topic unlisted?

Thanks for the answers :slight_smile:
Ok, i see… but then I have to wait additional months, because as I said before the pre-orderer will be supplied…

But I can buy the sensor+controllers from other systems? For example Oculus Touch (without the oculus headset)?
All games works fine with that and the pimax headset?
If I understand it right, if I order the pimax 5k headset today, they will send my order 21st Feb?

1 Like

Not sure the system must have unlisted it. It’s fixed.

1 Like

Im sure i was mentiont somewhere on the forum but if someone can tel me here if 1 base station could be enought ?

@EarlyBackers

1 Like

Pimax has made 1 LH usage. If your thinking sim racers & such 1 should be good. Or standing games.

Other backers can likely answer with more details that have vive LHes.

If I user 2 headset, may I need 3 base station.

Do backer can use coupon to buy at the backer price or retail price?
I am interested in the base station & controller set, but not sure when we can buy. Do we need to buy from store and use coupon?

Edit : Remember that xunshu ever tell that can’t use coupon with base station because it come from the partner.

1 Like