Rendering gleam in SimRacing (rFactor2, Raceroom)

I have a strange little issue while playing Sims.

On the left edge of the display there ist temorary a small blue gleam.
It is not a hardware problem because it is gone when looking around. It seems to be a rendering artifact and caused by the blue sky outside the cockpit but it’s a litte bit brighter than outside.

I use latest 112 Pitool, new NVIDIA drivers, and SteamVR Chaperone is off.
I only use 1 base station, however tracking works fine every time.
I tried all different Pitool settings. (Large and Nomal FOV)

Any ideas/same problems or just get used it?

2 Likes

I am really puzzled by this - I run rF2 with 112, full FOV, and I have not noticed anything like that. I wonder if you mean some corruption at the edges of the vision. I noticed that the amount of visible corruption greatly depends on how far/close your eyes are to the lenses. I’ve changed my facial padding for 18mm one and I honestly find it difficult to see any corruption at edges at all.

Do you use smart smoothing?

1 Like

What are your specs noticed blue edge effect in 109 & maybe 111 when using smart smoothing fast head movements. Try with smart smoothing off.

(I have no lighthouses)

1 Like

I have also noticed this edge. It’s like a bright blue vertical line at the outer edge of the display.
It sometimes appears when I play Fallout and then disappears after a while. Don’t know what causes it, but it doesn’t really bother me

4 Likes

Hello,

switching of Smart Smoothing eleminates the artifacts. Thank you

2 Likes

There is a new pitool beta out lots of new goodies. Initial reports are very pleasing. :beers::beers::+1::sparkles:

1 Like

Hello,

I ll try the beta this weekend.

1 Like

That makes sense - I cannot use smoothing in rF2 atm, the artifacts are too noticeable. But that explains why I didn’t see what you describe, thanks for the update and glad you figured it out.

1 Like