Received my eye tracking on Friday

You may have to run the ET calibration again and restart pitool.

I get this as well. And I did the above to fix it.

1 Like

Also try to up the HMD Quality in PiTool (or supersampling in SteamVR).

Well in fps updated pitool to 100% and still no go I also recalibrated it and all of that so what Iā€™m going to do now is make sure I have it in a good USB port maybe thatā€™s whatā€™s causing it to not work properly

1 Like

It works for me, even attached to the headset port (if You can calibrate it, it should work).

On top of what @oysta1109 says I set PiTool HMD Quality to 1.5 and SteamVR SS to 100% and enabled Fixed Foveated Rendering on ā€œAggressiveā€ mode and started a game.

Does the eyetracking software find itself a different core, than the one the game thread(s) runs on?

Off topic but I wanted to ask, did you find pitool 1.5 give better image than up the SS value, I find up the pitool to 1.5 makes fps overlay and steamvr menu much much sharper. (I was under the impressions they achieve the same result but apprently no) what setting did you find give the best visual pitool x SS.

1 Like

The compositor uses its own render resolution, which is calculated at startup, and is not affected by SteamVR supersampling settings; It is what the whole steamvr.vrsettings gpuSpeed spoofing thing addresses.

(Current SteamVR betas are messing around with the calculation in question, which at the moment results in severe undersampling. Letā€™s see whether they sort it out, given some timeā€¦ :7)

2 Likes

Thanks for the explanation :+1:

1 Like

What @jojon said plus I really donā€™t want to mess with too many different settings or at least not in too many places so I try to keep it to PiTool/Pimax Experience and in-game settingsā€¦ :wink:

Iā€™ve usually kept PiTool at 1.0 and SteamVR at 100% but with eye tracking Iā€™m trying to up the resolution to see the effect (plus itā€™s neat/easier with the game profiles in PE)ā€¦ :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Mine just shipped. Can you post links to some of the instructions you found that helped you?

Also, is there a list of games out there that support eye tracking?

Well Iā€™m still having problems with my eye tracking I still canā€™t get it to where the game isnā€™t pixelated. As far as where I found info it was on this website search eye tracking installation. By the way I already submitted a ticket to try to get my eye tracking to work

More interesting than fps are your CPU frame times though. Iā€™ve got Wabbajack VR essentials installed, plus a lot of other cpu taxing mods on top of that. For me it may seem that only a faster CPU will allow me to use DFR/FFR.

I have my hopes up up for 6900XT to beat the 3090 in raster performance though :slight_smile: Then maybe I get my 75 fps :sunglasses: Couldnā€™t care less if Dlss or RT is worse :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

I need help Iā€™m having problems with my eye tracking and Iā€™m having problems with Jitter on my 8kx and theyā€™re telling me I need to send them a video. Iā€™m trying to send them a video but it says even with using WinZip that the video is too big

1 Like

upload it to an online service like onedrive

1 Like

So is the pixilation noticeable at 120hz?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.