Received 5k+ today

I havent play much, but I did not notice any drift while in DCS (and just tried PC2) in a short test period - so it seems fine, but I have not idea how that is in a race of 2 hours or the like.

1 Like

Is any of the German backers living near MĂŒnster (or Hamburg) ? Or any of the Dutch backers from Twente ?

I’d like to compare my 5K+ with an 8K or 5k* of one of you to check out if I am having issues with the Pimax design, or my individual 5K+, or my system (if mine suddenly works fine on your system).
If those prepared to allow me such comparison at the place would send me a private message, much appreciated.
What I find weird is that I didn’t seem to notice this issue when trying the two headsets in Gouda. So there definitely is hope that it’s not a fundamental design issue of it just not working for me.

2 Likes

Near Trier - City of Karl Marx :wink:

4 Likes

I am from Bavarian and have to wait, # 50XX

1 Like

Hi, I live in Hannover too
 but I’m backer 4.6xx so no sign of my 5K+ till now. I have 2 base stations here (and 2 controllers), but can’t test them (bought them used). If you want I can pass by and you can test the Pimax with the base stations/controllers and I could see if they work and perhaps get a glimpse on the Pimax
:wink: :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Congrats Jp. Title updated. @anon74848233 olz add to early backers. :beers::sunglasses::+1::sparkles:

2 Likes

Does that Leap Motion work with Pimax 5K+?

I have a leap motion but have not tried it in vr (its not the pimax module). Is there an app that has VR and leap motion functionality?

1 Like

The Hand tracking module.is A newer version of leap motion but not sure on leap v1.0

I’m just wondering if you get a micro-typeC adaptor and connect the Leap Motion Controller to the Pimax, will the Pimax recognise and use it in a similar way to the Pimax handmotion module?

The port will work to connect. But there has been a number of changes between leap v1.0 & v2.0. So hard to say. Likely need to run leap v1.0 driver & software.

Beautiful city, and has 1 of the best cathedrals I have seen.

2 Likes

Thanks @Heliosurge

I got the Leap Motion Controller and have not been very impressed with it,
So was surprised that Pimax decided to go with them.
But I decided not to add the Pimax version to my kickstarter.

Was hoping to test out the LMC on Pimax before thinking of buying the official Pimax version.
Or even if I should bother as I havent seem many games use Leap Motion at all!

2 Likes

Tead up on Leap version 2 there have been a lot of improvements since v1.0.

But yeah hardest part with unique controllers is getting adoption. Leap changed strategy & went with a more embedded approach to help push adoption. Overall I think more will adopt as hand tracking as Vive pro while not leap also has a form of hand tracking.

1 Like

Is it your wife and three kids? :joy:

3 Likes

Bei mir steht ebenfalls Mittwoch als Zustelltag. Das wird spannend. Habe allerdings weder Kontroller noch Basistationen, was recht schade ist.

Hi, can you tell me what else is needed besides the base stations and controllers? I guess one also needs the vive connect box and the 3-in-1 cable (that’s another ~100€)? Is that all?
PS: I think the 3-in-1 cable is not necessary for the Pimax. But how do the controllers connect to the PC?

LOL :slight_smile: NO its 4 Kids and my wife - I let the BOSS out of it :wink:

3 Likes

Nein, Du brauchst nur die Basisstationen und Controller. Die Linkbox wird nicht benötigt. Man kann sie nutzen, dann schaltet SteamVR die Stationen in Standby, nach einer gewissen Zeit der InaktivitÀt. Da haben aber einige auch schon geschrieben, dass es bei Ihnen nicht funktioniert. Ich habe auch nur die Basisstationen und Controller. Man muss dann halt daran denken die Stationen auszuschalten, sonst laufen sie die ganze Zeit weiter.

Edit: Das 3/1 Kabel brauchst Du auch nicht. Der Pimax liegt das Anschlusskabel an den PC bei und die Basisstationen benötigen nur einen Netzstecker fĂŒr die Steckdose. Das Headset orientiert sich an den Basisstation und nicht umgekehrt, daher mĂŒssen die Stationen auch nicht mit dem PC verbunden werden.

Edit 2: Die Controller werden, soweit ich weiß, auch vom Headset erkannt, zumindest sind die kabellos und werden nicht an den PC angeschlossen. Auch hierfĂŒr benötigst Du nichts weiteres.

4 Likes

Only really need a beefy enough pc with Display port & usb. As you have controllers & LHes you’d be good to go.

Vive linkbox & extra cables not needed. I myself at present only have headset (& beefy enough pc) and am able to enjoy 3dof seated experiences until LHes & controllers ship/bought.

3 Likes