Progress Update Discussion Nov 29/2018

Matthew.xu: Thank you for the update! And thank you for your help, in general.

6 Likes

Right now, total is 263 so I wait only 90 items (may be next 4 days).
I hope pimax can ship for me (353) next week.

great update for prediction.

2 Likes

20 / day hmm i will have my headset in 6 months and last backer in 1 year and people pre-order in more than 1 year :yum:

we are learning what ā€œpatienceā€ means :laughing:

Pimax should be careful, Valveā€™s new HMD is on the horizon and if they want make money then they should finally start the production firework!

2 Likes

@Matthew.Xu:
Thank you for your update very much :+1:

Concerning the 110 HMDā€™s already on stock: The 94th HMD on the bottom of the third pile of cartons should be mine :hugs::sunglasses:

2 Likes

You are really doing great work here! Much appreciated! Even if I have to wait a little longer, to see such a level of transparency is great.

2 Likes

263 units produced. Backer 254, but still 110 in warehouseā€¦

2 Likes

Not sure if that is the best idea. Sounds like it might blow up in your face. :smirk:

1 Like

Dark Souls VR? ā€¦ 20chars

1 Like

That is good news. Production rate is actually improving.

3 Likes

Maybe heā€™s collecting them for the Soul Keeper!

How many of those are 5k+ā€™s? It doesnā€™t say.

45 5k+ and 36 8ks. check the document

4 Likes

Sadly, I wouldnā€™t get my hopes up.

Backer 137 here with no updates as of yet.

Last communication I had with them was on September 30th to confirm that I was in the first batch of 100. In which they said I was and to, and I quote ā€œBe patientā€.

Anyone think that 42+ days later and ZERO communication is acceptable?

2 Likes

Clearly 42 days of no communication is unacceptable. Reading their production reports though I can see how yours didnā€™t get shipped. On the bright side you will almost certainly be part of Wednesdayā€™s tracking numbers that are disseminated by their logistics company.

Pimax is the type of group who largely just go dark when something isnā€™t right. Lots of engineers are that way. 15 is not a lot of people at a company. But as they grow no doubt they will have employees dedicated to this sort of thing. I imagine they didnā€™t because so few devices were actually leaving their warehouse.

Often some canā€™t be happy with most things. Updates are being quite regular now. Be happy with that. Or buy a Hardlight vest.

5 Likes

Iā€™m in a similar situation (#248, ā€œgetting ready to shipā€ email received 15 Oct). But Iā€™m personally fine with the level of detail in the progress update @Matthew.Xu posted. It lets me know that they are working on stuff and roughly when I can expect them to finish manufacturing my HMD. The waiting has been maddening, but at least weā€™re getting decent updates instead of static.

10 Likes

The updates are indeed very welcome, but also very troubling.

Roughly two weeks ago, they told the Pre-Order folks that their headsets will ship in 120 days.

Last week, they produced 160. Yes, itā€™s going to get better, but is it going to get 700+/week better?

Do the mathā€¦ 700/week is what they need to be doing now to fulfill backer pledges to even have a shot at meeting their pre-order commitments.

In the interest of good communications, is Pimax willing to concede that meeting backer pledges in 10 weeks is just not going to happen?

IMO, itā€™s a fair question and (at the least) sets a baseline for both backer and pre-order customer expectations. Instead of kicking this can further down the road, just ā€˜rip off the band-aidā€™ and be done with it.

5 Likes

Indeed from one of the backer meets I think someone said Robin figures 3000 headsets by xmas?

The same is true of the Vega Gpu driver issues being worked on. It should have been just said that atm itā€™s not working well but AMD & the team are working on getting this fixed up and will report once progress is made.

2 Likes

I think we can all agree that Robin has a history for saying things that shouldnā€™t be taken as ā€˜officialā€™. :wink:

Thatā€™s still 450/week and I donā€™t see that happening either, but I would love to be surprised.

Regardless, an official statement committing on a number by Xmas and a date to have backer pledges completed would be very welcome.

2 Likes