Progress Update Discussion Nov 29/2018

By sending out a survey they are not measurably closer to sending out your HMD. You’re instilling false hope to someone that they’re any closer to actually getting anything. Wow they have your choice and have confirmed where you live. Until that HMD is made that survey doesnt do shit. It’s about keeping expectations in check so people don’t fly off the handle when they get a survey and so have to wait weeks/months.

1 Like

The Simple Truth things will move at the speed it does. Getting Survey results is good as they are aiming for best case.

Not having the info until the unit is ready is hit & miss. If they have it ready & you miss the email. You get bumped to next batch. If the units take longer to have ready to ship… Well humans suck when it comes to making a decision & some are Gypsies.

2 Likes

Surveys are good, absolutely. That would be terrible if it was a reason for delay.

Hopefully those interested in a 5k+ BE get a chance to see a review from Sebastian, Martin, or Thomas. Then again it’ll probably make the choice harder.

1 Like

I’m in the low 60’s and received my selection email back in September and have received nothing since then. What he is saying is that getting the selection email really isn’t an indicator that your HMD is about to ship. Until they get production going at a measurable rate the emails really don’t mean very much.

5 Likes

No, it’s Pimax looking at their production and delivery intentions over the short term. Just as they need the cases/housings, or displays to go inside, for the next X amount of units to be made in the near future, they also need to make sure they’ve got the right details for those units to be made and sent to. It’s happening linearly. Otherwise, like you said, they could just do one mass mail out. They’re not asking you, because you’re way off. When they ask me, I know I’m closer to getting my order fulfilled. And that excites people, rightfully.

1 Like

Right, nothings perfect. Backer 6000 is still going to be after backer 1000.

2 Likes

Even at just 20 units a day, that’s only 25 days to produce 500 units. They’ve asked for approximately 500 backers details.

What more do you need?

1 Like

And they have like how much in stock, 70 pieces?

1 Like

You’re right the only way you know your closer to receiving your unit is when a few backers nearer to you receive their shipping number.

You can see why Pimax send out the emails, it clearly does trick quite a few people. They should increase the email count to 3. The first one confirming your choice, then the 2 second one confirming your address then the 3rd one with your tracking number. Can you imagine the joy and excitement these posters would get when they receive each email. :joy:

The simple fact is the order units are sent out is based on backer number.

2 Likes

And yet they’ve sent out how many?

Exactly. When they start shipping them again, then it’s time to get excited, not from receiving an email.

Then again if it keeps them happy send them more emails! :grin:

2 Likes

It’s just soul crushing when support tells you they are shipping your within two days in a pm, and then someone else randomly confirms he got his tracking number. And then nothing. … and a week goes by. This damn heart! Dammit why do I keep believing. It’s just soul crushing.

5 Likes

Hang in there! It will happen! You will get your Pimax! :+1:

2 Likes

As long as Freddy Krueger & Shang Sun(sp?) Don’t receive their pimax first; your soul should be safe.

“Your soul is mine!”

2 Likes

Lol that mk monie. Seemed so good at the time.

1 Like

Still a fav game. Though I think they should have each new version the option to purchase special guests.

Ie Freddy, with Jason predator etc…

Yeess like the best movies ever:
Freddy vs Predator
Leatherface and Alien’s Honeymoon II

1 Like

Then we just need the Creeper. Lol

1 Like

I have submitted your question to the technical department, please waiting for the engineer’s feedback. thank you

4 Likes

The next batch is less than 100, estimated at around 70. We have reached an agreement with the logistics company. Thank you

3 Likes