After installing the new PiToolSetup_1.0.2.071, you NEED to replace the content of folder C:\Program Files\Pimax\PVRHome\ with the content of the folder \PVRHome_v0.33\ Included in this ZIP/RAR file!!!
Bundled with NEW VERSION PiToolSetup_1.0.2.071. The PiTool is REQUIRED to be installed. Download link below: (same link, new folder PVRHome_Beta_v0.33). Available in compressed RAR and ZIP file:
- New feature: Custom game/app Import feature added! Now you can import custom games/apps into “Imported” category, setting custom Title name and using custom thumbnail image (optional, not required needed). Import is made with a new implemented File Browser/File Explorer, so its very easy to browse your PC (all drives) and pick the exe file for the game and image for the thumbnail. Importing custom game lets you pick:
- Type (VR Game or VR Application) - for later use in future categories
- Title (name)
- Runtime (exe/bat) location anywhere on your PC
- Thumbnail location anywhere on your PC
- Checkbox if game is a SteamVR compatible game (for later use)
- Automatically create default Settings-profile upon importing (settings profile gets same name as title)
- Automatically create default SteamVR optimization profile upon importing (SteamVR profile profile gets same name as title)
(please try it and let me know how it works)
Important change: Custom imported games in category “Imported” are now created and read from the same directory as SteamVR/Revive/VivePort games (not same directory as PiTool is using): C:\Users\ user \AppData\LocalLow\Pimax\PVRHome\GameImports. The old imported games from PiTool are not automatically moved, so you will have to re-import the custom games again - but at least now you can also use any thumbnail image for your custom games, so its worth re-importing!
New feature (in progress) : Added new page in Advanced category called “Manage Games & Apps”. Currently this page only lists all your games/apps per category, and filter can be used/applied with the Search-field (right window/bar). This page will be used to edit/remove games in all categories. For instance if you want to change the Title of a game, if you want to replace thumbnail image, change other parameters or simply remove the game from library. All the features on this page should be implemented later this week/weekend. So for now, the category only lists (and filters by search) your games (please try it and let me know how it works).
Fix: Solved a major issue where Setting Profiled and SteamVR Profiles were not autimatically created for new SteamVR/Revive/VivePort games (if this feature is enabled in Profile Settings), because the script was searching for new games in old PiTool-import location and not the new location which is C:\Users*user*\AppData\LocalLow\Pimax\PVRHome\GameImports.
Fix: Solved a major issue with UI-interaction sometimes being lost (caused by baseinput script colliding with UI LaserPointer script). This should not happen anymore…
Fix: Solved an issue with thumbnails not loading correctly in rare occasions
Fix: Solved quite a major bug where you couldnt use the short-cut icons to fast-jump to Profile Settings or SteamVR Optimization profiles from games in the Favorites-menu. Now this works as intended.
Fix: Solved several minor bugs in the UI and when sessions were not saved on certain occasions.
Improvement: Further slightly corrected the hand-position when using Hand-Tracking
Reqested feature: Added version number next to the VR Experience-banner, so its easy to see what version you are running!
How to get started (IMPORTANT)
- Install the included PiTool version (file PiToolSetup_1.0.2.071.exe)
- Open PiTool, go to Settings → General and DISABLE/UNCHECK “Start Pimax VR Home”
- Go to C:\Program Files\Pimax\PVRHome\ and remove all content inside the folder.
- Copy all content from the \PVRHomev0.33\ folder provided in this RAR file, and paste it into C:\Program Files\Pimax\PVRHome\
- In PiTool, go to Settings → General and ENABLE/CHECK “Start Pimax VR Home”
Pimax VR Experience should now start in the background and inside your Pimax VR headset.
Check the Unity log file:
The log is created every time you exit the application.
So to be able to read the log, exit Pimax VR Experience first, by:
- opening PiTool, go to Settings → General and DISABLE/UNCHECK “Start Pimax VR Home”
- Click on the Quit button (bottom bar) in the Pimax VR Experience
The log file is called:
The previously created log is (previous instance of the application running):
Game Appdata files & config
The program appdata files, user settings file, favorites etc that are used by VR Experience are located in:
User Settings profile:
Other useful info
Game import-data profiles (SteamVR/VivePort/Revive/imported) are located in:
Game import-data profiles (Oculus games only) are located in (temporary solution):
Game SETTINGS profiles (SteamVR/Oculus/VivePort/Imported) are located in:
Favorites import-data profiles are located in:
SteamVR Optimization profiles for SteamVR/VivePort/Imported games are located in:
Thank you for helping out!
/ Martin, SweViver