Pre show Live From CES 2020

https://twitter.com/vrgamerdude/status/1214602524826537984

Just a quick walk into the show and a look at the pimax booth prior to opening the doors that… Quick chat with Kevin Henderson and a look at the 8KX in detail! []-)

4 Likes

Wow thanks! Now im really excited that the 4k 110 hz is not just another headset, but hopefully a part of 8kx/8k+ crossing my fingers :smiley:

Unless he just forgot to mention that. He mentioned specificially the 5k super, artisan etc.

1 Like

Can you post Cliff Notes?

2 Likes

Even better a comparison chart was released: https://cdn.mos.cms.futurecdn.net/sb3XkjmKYbo4tv9wTii85j.jpeg

6 Likes

Small world. Leons the guy trying to copy our products on kickstarter. You better watch he doesn’t run off with the MAS :slight_smile:

1 Like

8KX 120hz!?!? :star_struck::star_struck::star_struck:

3 Likes

Was about to ask that, when the 8K+ is shown as 110Hz :slight_smile:

(although I assume that is actually correct and not a typo)

1 Like

Interesting. See there still saying 170 when it is 160 and have gone back to stating the (self adjusting) 55 to 75mm ipd instead of the actual physical ipd of 60 to 72mm support.

1 Like

they took your advise and display both horizontal and vertical fov.

Did anyone else notice the 8kx claims upto 120hz in upscaled mode?

2 Likes

Yea, but Kevin said in the interview was 110 hz in upscaled mode and they where testing at CES 80 hz native 4k. So it is possible it is a writing error or something they are testing.

3 Likes

Pimax doesn’t make writing errors. (lol)

2 Likes

The chart only mentions 75Hz refresh rate for the 8KX in native mode, but Kevin said it’s been improved to reach 80Hz. I hope that Pimax has just omitted some info for conciseness and that Native mode can be set to 72Hz, which is important for watching movies which were originally filmed at 24 fps (72 = 3*24, so there’s no jerkiness).

3 Likes

Sorry really busy yesterday but the short version is it is fantastic! The whole headset just looks and feels extremely premium and the visual experience is off the charts… clarity is very good and the colors are definitely improved over previous models that I have tried. I did not notice any screen door effect or distortions and the ability to read fine text and pick out small details was awesome! Hard to really put my thoughts on it right now as I am extremely tired but I’ll be doing a more in-depth analysis in the next few weeks once I get home from CES with a review unit so stay tuned! []-)

9 Likes

Great job dude ,keep up the good work!!!

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.