# Possible Index Fix Incoming!

Could be for sure. Just figured the steamvr beta might also have it updated to procure controller pics.

My XBox controllers shows as Vive wands in Steamvr home. As does the Razer Hydra. But with Index controllers showing as Index demonstrates. Hydra driver could have had Hydra models to show instead of wands. (Would make it easier to use them for sure) lol

thanks working now cheers

1 Like

Index controllers work fine once you download the drivers for them.

1 Like

Yep it was just Advanced/early beta owners ran into troubles with pimax use due to name & location change.

Any receiving via pre order controllers will work fine on install. No beta baggage. Fixes only needed for pre release owners.

Thatā€™s confirmed by someone, or is a theory?

1 Like

Cas & Charyā€™s Livestream. Thatā€™s all they did.

Cas & Chary owned the Knuckles for a long time, an EV3 unofficially given by some dev

So ive done the fix but getting no controllers in the hmd there tracking but no image also only 1 lighthouse showing up in steam please help lol

@Heliosurge the first retail Index Controller are delivered today, I would wait for the new users to confirm, and not a sort of ā€œUh? I donā€™t know what I did, but it worksā€ :smiley:

Well itā€™s there. Problem occured due to beta name change from VRknuckles to index controllers.

Openvrpaths.vrpath file identifies controller link to pitool directory

Your fix will work for pre owners yes. New owners shouldnā€™t need it as Cas & Chary didnā€™t use your fix as they stated.

Your fix puts driver location back to where it was.

We have someone going to confirm what Cas & Chary already demonstrated in livestream.

Well, I think the problem was due to a file location change, hardcoded in PiTool, but thatā€™s a theory too. Iā€™m waiting for the scientific confirmation so that I can abandon all the theories :wink:

Cas & Chary are not demostrating Index Controller, but pre-owned Knuckles EV3, I guess

Nobody owned Index Controller until today

Itā€™s not hard coded. Check %Appdata\Local\openvr

File. Itā€™s there as is my Razer Hydra is hooked to SteamVRSupport directory in pimax pitool directory. Canā€™t be hard coded either as folks install to different drives.

No itā€™s still the Index Controller. Otherwise your fix will only work on the Ev3 controller as you said folks are only receiving index controllers today.

Uh? And how did they get the Index Controllers in advance? I own three pairs of EV3s and a couple of DVs, but Valve said they wouldnā€™t send the Index Controllers

but, in any case, Iā€™ll wait for a real confirmation. We wonā€™t have to wait too long, right?

Iā€™ll be happy if new users wonā€™t need any fixes, but I donā€™t make any claims without solid confirmation

Then your fix works only for ev3 controllers. Ev3 is just the unfinished name. There might be slight changes. To consumer release.

Easy for you to check & see itā€™s not jard coded in pitool by looking at the file I mentioned. It simply was looking for the VRKnuckles Driver which is now named & located in a different location.

Why it was broken for you & others & worked fine for Cas & Chary whom didnā€™t have old baggage from beta knuckles.

Sdubbin I believe had controllers working but not represented by index pics in steamvr home. Until he applied your fix. Suggesting Steamvr Home grabs controller pics in program. Hence why your fix fixed pic in Home.

DV is the last developer versionā€¦ but Iā€™m not saying that controllers are different, Iā€™m saying that the scenario is different.

Cas & Charry donā€™t represent the scenario that interests me, users who receive Index Controller starting from today

Iā€™ m not controversial, Iā€™m just a technician, and for a technician one thing works when it works.

So, Iā€™m waiting for real buyer confirmation, and Iā€™ll be happy if youā€™re right.

nope, this doesnā€™t demonstrate what you say, but you need programming knowledge to understand what I mean

1 Like