Please clarify shedule of handtraking at weekly update 08/04/2020

Hi @PimaxQuorra,

I noticed your news about the handtracking module, but was confused, while at your online shop, the handtracking module is stated as coming soon.

Your announcement at 31/03/2020 was:

Then decide which manufacture to start the tooling by the 3rd of April. (it will take 2 months from tooling start to mass production.)

So, by starting on 3’rd of April: 2 additional month are needed to manufacture the tools for housing, which brings me to the 3’rd of June for finished the tools for housings somewhere.
Then a time solt on a moldinjection machine is needed (start of massproduction) which cost about 1month including production and quality check and industrial package for transport. All parts might be produced 3’rd of July.
Afterwards the product needs to be assembled. Therefore a transportation is needed, while all parts have to reach the same factory. Need to be assembled and tested and some logistics to “delivering to customers” warehouse, might cost one additional month. Which brings me to the date at “in stock” (as ready for customers) at probably around 3’rd of august2020.

Is it correct that you anounce a product as “comming soon” by early march2020, when it is obvious, that you will have the product availabe somewhere around august2020?
By the way, as this is a question for 08/04/2020, Is the tooling started by 03/04/2020?

1 Like

Hi Lars1C,

The 2 additional months are including all the housing, inspections, assembling and quality check. We will first confirm with the quality of the sample, then only start the mass production.
As estimated time frame, it will happen on June.

The earliest lead time to customers will be around July.

Yes, the tooling process is started by 03/04.

Sincerely,
Quorra.Pimax

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.
An availability in July is only 1x month away from my calculation, but it is a timeframe. On the other hand, as far as I know (as backer), PiMax had no problems to drop a shedule. In the end, it will arrive, when it’s finished. :wink:

So far, I thank you for the information about starting the tooling process.
Sincerely and stay healthy,
LS

Considering I already paid for mine when I backed the Kickstarter, I am less concerned with when I get it, so long as I do. I am much more concerned that “the previous design couldn’t meet the FoV requirements.”

@PimaxQuorra Could you please elaborate on what this means? I don’t understand “Pimax has been tuning the mechanical mount for the module and currently got the working sample for validation” Why is Pimax having to make changes of any kind? Hardware or otherwise? Why isn’t Ultraleap making sure that it functions as advertised? I already own the original Leap Motion, I will be very disappointed if this isn’t the improvement that was promised.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.