PiTool "Rendering Quality" option

Yeah that’s my read.

Really nice find !

By the way, could you @SweViver test Elite Dangerous with 4k (in the game) resolution, so the scaler receive a 4k signal ?

Thanks.

Heh, I have had that option checked ever since public outcry made Valve add it.
I will take a bit of aliasing over blur any day – especially in VR, where it actually allows you to perceive more detail, from minute head movements bringing different samples from the game world clearly into view, rather than being mushed together. :7

Well… 196 is for the Vive, and what the corresponding need for the 8k/5k lenses may be (as well as the utilised screen areas), only Pimax knows. :7

Incidently (just musing here), about something you have said earlier… I suppose it could be possible that when you take samples from the game world, quantising them to the intermediate image the game renders; If the size of that bitmap corresponds by some integer to that of the display it will finally end up on, that could actually so to speak “tune” the values that goes into the pixels of the smaller transport image, so that a greater or lower percentage (EDIT: non-linearity of course rears its ugly head, here) of hypothetical pixels are by extension sampled “dead on”, relative to the world, when the on-HMD upscaling occurs… which could imply there’d be “sweet spots”, where both in- and de-creasing supersampling could incur a reduction in quality (EDIT2: …or at least quality/workload ratio).

…ok, fabulations over. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hopefully eventually we’ll get some real data from Pimax. :7