Piplay won't find my Pimax4k

Where do you get 1.2.85 from.
Also do you get any SDE on elite dangerous.
I used to play on a 1080p tv and could see the pixels on the text. I recently got a 1440 monitor and the resolution is a world of difference, the text is sharp. My point is that in the pimax it looks worse than my 1080p tv, more like 728 the text is very pixelated, is that normal or am I doing something wrong.

Boys and girls, SDE - is a technical hardware “issue” (lack of pixels), its not software thing.
You cant decrease or increase it.

I have never noticed any SDE in ED, but in 1.2.85 everything just looks sharper and clearer.
Mind you I could just be imagining it :slight_smile:

I got 1.2.85 from here.

and here is the original Forum link.
http://community.openmr.ai/t/hello-nolo-piplay-nolo-customized-driver-beta-version-piplay-1-2-85/2311

It mus have the new firmware as part of this version.
Well that’s what happened in my case.
Hope it works as well for you.
Cheers.

That’s because you’re not watching your tv in couple centimeters from your eyes through zooming lens.
For elite dangerous, set following:

1. piplay software, 2k. Uncheck 1080p)
  2. piplay supersampling 1.0
  3. in-game Render Target Multiplier decrease to the lowest possible (0.45 or something like that)
  4. in game HMD Quality up to max (guess its 2.0)
  5. try it out, play a bit

If it performs good, increase piplay supersampling in 0.5 steps until your hardware or hdmi will be limited.
p.s. crystal clear picture in elite dangerous can be achieved with 1080gtx+ with 1.1.92

http://community.openmr.ai/t/high-performance-and-clarity-on-a-1060/1786

This is a very rare type of game launching, you will not find such features in versions above 1.1.92 and there are rumors it looks like a native 4k (better then supersampled)
Bad thing about this method and elite dangerous - menu with video settings will be glitched.

Cheers Luke I will give it a go.

As for the SDE it is extremely noticeable

Hi

I will have a go at your instructions after I try likes.
I’m a total nube when it comes to changing settings.

It may all be pointless any how as I may have to send it back to GearBest. I have faulty lenses they are blur in the centre making them unusable.

But thanks for your help

Hi Spoony,

I think a few of the regular contributes here have already advised you that the reason that you have SDE is you have the version with s/n 102xxx and is not a full 4k lens. you are using a 1440 screen and not 4k screen. i have seen this mentioned to you on at least 2 other threads and i have also told you on a PM as well. Basically to get crystal clear with little to no SDE you need a 4k pimax and not a 1440 version (the BE version).

as mentioned a few time now already, you have a choice.

1. return it to gearbest saying you want a version that has a 100xxx serial (the 4k variety) as mentioned in @deletedpimaxrep1 and @Heliosurge posts earlier today.
  2. keep the version you have and use it best you can, it will have a higher FPS, and lower ghosting and will be clearer and brighter than the 4k model.
1 Like

Hi Enopho

I am in talks with pimax at the moment trying to resolve the problem.
I have told them I want the 2k shaping for the 4k and for them to pay the shipping.
They have come back saying " we will afford the cost if I want to replace it, although it’s price is higher about $100 actually in our domestic B2B market ".

I don’t know if they are wanting me to stump up another $100.
I told them I want to swap my 2k for the 4k I ordered

Hi Spoony, sorry to make you confused.

I meant that the helmet you used is more expensive (higher cost) actually, no need your extra payment, don’t worry :slight_smile:

What I said was that you could keep it if you wanted. Or else, we’re also pleased to send you new one insteading of your current helmet free of charge, because it’s not your fault, please be advised.

1 Like

Hi spooney

Good to hear you got it in hand and nice the pimax support have replied before I could.

You need to decide if you want to keep the BE version or swap for the 4k version. And pimax support have agreed to pay for the return. Might want to find out if they are gonna pay the cost of sending the new one to you again as they never mentioned that… I assume they would?

Hi Enopho

I really hope they pay for both return and the shipping of the new one. Only time will tell.

Do you have 100 version if so are you happy with the display

Yes I have the 100 version

Pros
High visual fidelity
No sde

Cons
Some lateral drift (hopefully can be fixed in software)
Ghosting
Brightness dull

But yes I will live with the cons and hopefully they will address them in the future

The 102 that I have has awful drift. On elite dangerous I have to re centre constantly and the image seems to dip to the left slightly.

I think I would be happier with the 100. Hopefully we will see.

I will then tap you for setup info.:wink:

if you are in NZ or AUS, then the dip to the left is the same as me. Not a lot you can do about that im afraid - there is a whole thread here somewhere about it. i kind of ignore it because when i tried the pimax in the UK on my last visit (same unit) it did not pitch to the left, then brought it home to NZ again and it then pitched left by a few deg. i think it its magnetic interference (dont really know)

the drift is an issue on some of the devices… i have it as well on the 100xx version, but after about 20 mins playing the drift stops. it helps if you are facing true north before you start using it and you have opened steamvr display view and centered the image before you start the game. do that with the Z key while the steam display screen is active.