PiPlay 2.0.5.46 Trojan alert for: Win32:Evo-gen [Susp]

Hi,

Received an alert while installing PiPlay 2.0.5.46 from pimaxvr.com:

AVG: "We’ve blocked PiPlay_Setup_2.0.5.46 because in was infected with Win32:Evo-gen [Susp]

When will this issue be fixed?

Uraaah

Have you tried to turn off anti-virus software and then download it?

Edit: Please try this link:

1. Are you trolling me? The purpose of an anti-virus is to PROTECT a computer from infections. So no, and I will NOT try by turning it off.

2. The file from the link you have given me is ALSO infected.

1 Like

Hi, sorry for inconvenience.

I will request our engineers to test it and check their PC environment once they clock in tomorrow, please be patient and stop using this Piplay in your PC, thanks.

1 Like

Avg sucks. Try Windows defender, comodo, clamav etc.

Avg used to be good. Now its mainly garbage.

1 Like

Agreed. Even since avg started using those damn annoying pop-ups and ads for additional features if you buy premium.

It’s what made me switch away from avg

2 Likes

Avg when it first came out had a rating of 8 or 9 now its a 5 or 6.

Avast isn’t too bad.

O no. I think you can turn it off while instealling piplay.After installing you can turn it on.

Thanks for your help. Has a fixed update been uploaded?

Off topic. Please don’t divert the conversation from the problem mentioned in the title.

No its on topic. Avg is notorious for falsely identifying programs as having viruses. So try downloading a reputable Anti virus. If you want a really good free one Comodo AV is awesome; however it does bug you like Vista did with asking you if your sure.

https://www.techsupportalert.com/best-free-anti-virus-software.htm

& a good free scan from trend micro’s housecall

If you downloaded off Mega link. Try the link on Pimaxvr website. It wouldn’t let me d/l the Mega link duevto mega wanting me to download there desktop ap.

Fully downloaded & installed no viruses. If you get a virus flag then its your Avg.

No i didn’t disablevthe AV during install either. But i do if it interferes.

Anyone else having a virus flag on downloading?

Hi, we tested some anti-virus software, only “AVG” warned a threat same as the screenshot you provided. Meanwhile, we are also trying to contact “AVG” company about adding it to her white list now.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for your rapid reaction to this issue. :pray:

1 Like