PimaxVR.com website hacked or something?

Looks like there has been a lot of reports and comments on my videos about the pimaxvr.com website being hacked or injected with some virus. The website is rendomly redirecting you to weird ads and thrash websites. Please do not enter it for the moment.

@deletedpimaxrep1 & @Sean.Huang are you aware of this?

Btw, I have currently 12 DM’s and hundreds of comments to catch up but Im working on it :slight_smile: Please have some patience guys! Thanks

6 Likes

Is ok on edge browser.

2 Likes

Can confirm. firefox pc

2 Likes

I haven’t noticed a problem either (using the Edge browser).

2 Likes

Confirmed. Avast went crazy on my machine when I tried pimaxvr.com. For a second you can see it drawing the pimax site then you are redirected to something that starts to draw an giant advertisement before the AV blocks the whole thing.

Pimax should jump on this immediately!

1 Like

I advised them a week ago via PM that there was an issue,ceven pointed them to the particular file causing the issue. mainly in the shop part of the website

1 Like

Look at the certificate, the connection is not secure

1 Like

They probably have to redo their certificate. Had to do this for several of my clients, it was due to the new Chrome 70. Here is part of the email to one of my clients.

2 Likes

Great to see you guys willing to help. A shame that no reaction or thanks from Pimax is here. Awful! I still can’t figure Pimax it’s intentions and strategy and that’s the only thing driving me mad sometimes. Why not a single reaction? At this moment, i start thinking that even acting like “thanks, were looking into it” is a better reaction than none :thinking:
Please Pimax, care for people that “care”.
They are the most precious people for your company beside employees.

1 Like

The thanks came via PM to the people who offered help. I got a thanks from @deletedpimaxrep1 and a thanks from our friendly Moderator @Heliosurge. so there is no need to blow this out of proportion, there are enough of those threads here already.

Pimax IT Support are aware of the website being hacked and are working on the fix.

4 Likes

Ok, that’s something i couldn’t know. But we are all reading the posts and don’t know of silent pm’s. I only have good intentions. I have a commercial job, when critisized, i realise i have to cummunicate better. Or maybe that’s my humble point of view :wink:

2 Likes

I understand you were trying to help :slight_smile: , but when things like this happen, usually the mods pick it up and handle it… either within mod ‘PM’ discussion or if its outside our control (i.e. the pimax shop website being hacked) we notify Pimax directly and let them deal with it.

simple process is…

• a forum user posts they found something wrong.
  • they either post in the public forums (and we find it) or PM a mod.
  • we pick it up and deal with it, or if we cant we let pimax know via PM

We dont usually remove the public post or the OP wonders why the post is lost! so we leave it there and post that its being dealt with. For your reference here was the original thread that I picked up. http://community.openmr.ai/t/pimaxs-shop-section-of-their-website-got-hacked-and-links-to-malicious-webpages/8349

Eno

1 Like

Thanks, Enopho for clearing that up.

1 Like

My pleasure! Glad to have helped

Eno

1 Like