Pimax8K M1 showing at E3 next week?

Nda for testers but showing it publicly at e3? That’s weird

2 Likes

BTW e3 is NOW so not next week. 12 till 14 June. If they’re showing it today at e3 we might hear something

3 Likes

Sweviver and MRTV have LeapMotion units. Maybe M1 at E3 dont, because of Captoglove?
I am not sure what to make of it. Or do Captogloves still need LeapMotion? Weird, no?

Yeah I stumbled across that as well. Seems like the press release went out too late.

In any event, any showing in any form at E3 makes keeping up the NDA for the beta testers somewhat useless imho.

Not wanting to start a new speculation thread here at all btw! Yet if Pimax are already supplying tech partners with M1s for their own showcases I have to say that as a backer I feel somewhat shafted (again) regarding the flow of information.

But it might be just as well that this press release is complete BS and was set up before the current M1 testing timeframe was set in place. @deletedpimaxrep1‘s reply however doesn’t seem to deny a showing at E3 though, just the form in which it would take place.

Honestly, this whole pre roll-out phase is flabbergasting to me…

4 Likes

shot upload vr a tweet, maybe if anyone has boots on the ground at e3 they can check it out.

9 Likes

Yet if Pimax are already supplying tech partners with M1s for their own showcases

This would make sense since it was asked in the 7/6/18 update how manu units they made of m1 and they said:

2 Likes

We will strictly keep the NDA. The form of the demo not confirmed. Please regard the press release as an announcement of the new collaboration.

13 Likes

Good to hear. I will follow the E3 very closely in the coming days anyway.

2 Likes

Hopefully the M1 is already enough issues free and Pimax comment that it’s only a prototype; but, if it’s true that Sebastian and Martin have reported or are going to report many issues with the M1, I hope that all these issues are very small or I don’t know if it’s very convenient to show it at fairs. I still remember the bad image that was given at CES.

3 Likes

So do we all, I think.

What controllers do you think will go nice with the pimax 8K:

1. Pimax controllers
  2. Leap Motion
  3. Captoglove
1 Like

i honestly think the pimax controllers have the best of all worlds.

1 Like

Leap Motion kinda competes with Captoglove though? O.o The glove can also give sensory feedback from what I have read, that and presumably room scale tracking so it would be a big upgrade over leap motion.

I guess it is having the different upgrades or sidegrades that make it interesting.

1 Like

E3 starts today so I hope that will be cleared rather soon… :wink:

Well, if the M1 is demo‘ed to the public, we will hear it through other sources, so it would be wise of Pimax to inform the backers here about that in time before we have to read it from people reporting that they had the M1 in their hands and tried it. Again this communication thing, you know.
It would not necessarily mean that the NDA for the testers needs to be lifted, because they are doing tests on a much deeper level.

5 Likes

If I had tried all that, I would know what to tell you.

Yeah, the “prototype” would lead you to presume an M2 is in the works, that and the tester feedback they have had so far. This far down the path they have a lot of experience, funding, interest etc. If there is an M2 I would expect the development would be somewhat accelerated compared to V5 → M1 though.

Imo the last 10% of any development equals the previous 90%.

Back on topic, those gloves are a step closer to this:

1 Like

I just noticed that the captogloves (set of 2) are 500 US dollars
And that is without the 200 dollar captosensor

Leap Motion will come standard on 8K?

/edit: link to gloveshop: https://www.captoglove.com/shop/

3 Likes

no its an additional module.

3 Likes

a $100 additional pledge I think

4 Likes

Folks something to consider. A Demo is controlled & what @deletedpimaxrep1 said still makes alot of sense.

Demo could take many Forms ie.
-Video demoing both items in use
-Demonstration shown to public (no direct trial) public sees associate & sees what he or she sees on a big screen.

1 Like

Was Kickstarter backer price.

1 Like