The new Pimax VR Experience version 0.85.0.0 Public Beta is here!
- Download and install the latest PiTool, if you have not already.
- Download and run Pimax VR Experience 0.85.0.0 Public Beta Installer.
- In PiTool, untick and then tick the checkbox “Start Pimax VR Home” (located under PiTool, Settings > General). This will launch the Pimax VR Experience.
Note: Pimax VR Experience comes with its own installer, but it requires you to have the latest PiTool installed beforehand, to work properly.
Please watch the video to know how the Cloud Porfiles work in the current phase.
- Forum Post: Pimax VR Experience - Cloud Profiles - Calling for Editors!
- Website: Pimax VR Experience
New: Cloud Profiles (phase 1):
- Users automatically receive cloud profiles, for their current games, based on their Pimax HMD headset and GPU model (where a cloud profile is available).
- Users can choose whether to use a cloud profile, local game profile, steam vr profile, or no profile at all, when launching a game.
- Users can choose one of the provided modes for cloud profiles: default, performance, max quality.
- Users can choose to have cloud profiles enabled/disabled via settings screen (enabled by default).
- Users cannot create or upload cloud profiles from within the app yet. This feature will be implemented in a future phase.
- Users cannot vote on existing cloud profiles from within the app yet. This feature will be implemented in a future phase.
New: Auto updates:
- Display a notification in dashboard, when there is a new app update avialable.
- User can choose to download the new update from within the app dashboard.
- User can choose to install the downloaded update from within the app dashboard.
- Where UAC is present on user’s Windows machine, the user must take the headset off and accept to run the new update.
- The update will run silently, install the new version and restart the app.
- When the app runs and detects a new install, it may restart itself one more time, where necessary.
- The app update does not include any PiTool updates.
- Update: Reduced installer file size from ~291 MB, down to ~253 MB.
- Update: Improved game details screen visual design (mostly internal code).
- Update: Improved performance when loading games on startup.
- Update: Reduced disk I/O access and file handles when loading games on startup.
- Update: Reduced memory usage when switching between games list/grid, game details and command lines screens.
- Update: Improved performance when searching and/or filtering games in dashboard.
- Update: The black background is now #000000 (was #030303 before).
- Fix: When PiTool Service is not running, the app might crash on startup.
- Fix: Invalid config files generated/updated by PiTool could halt the app from displaying all games properly.
- Fix: Game thumbnails in dashboard are not displayed on app startup, until PiTool is restarted.
- Fix: Internal: Parameters check just before launching a game in auto-detect mode could fail resulting in the game launching with incorrect parameters.