Pimax V2.0 Trackers

@Matthew.Xu

Maybe a little early to speak of this but once the new Track-pad/Joy-pad are finalized and shipped it could be nice if Pimax would offer some V2.0 tracking devices for full body motion tracking. Because Pimax is aiming on the higher market segment this could add a plus value to the overall 8K Pimax offering. Some of us ( Ok me too :wink: ) complained about the apparent lack of interests of other companies to developed such V2.0 devices.

2 Likes

@Matthew.Xu, apart from the trackers capable of being used as controllers, Pimax could try to make some simple ones that only give their position, to lower their price and reduce the bandwidth needed for them; then, a single wifi connector to the computer could be enough to use several of them. Since body tracking systems use 3 or 6 trackers, it would be a good idea to make packages of three of these simpler trackers. Do not include a charger or Wi-Fi connectors in the packages, which can be purchased separately, or sell a package with three connectors plus the necessary Wi-Fi connector and charger.

1 Like

Indeed a good idea, Wifi has a to high power consumption normally is’t BLE ( Bluetooth low power) for such devices. Some bracers could be light and nice

1 Like

I don’t expect them to do this or if it’s even possible. However it would be awesome if they could put more Bluetooth dongles in the headset for trackers possibly 6 instead of the current standard of 2. I had to mount a usb hub in the center of my roomscale space on the ceiling to get decent tracking for my 3 HTC trackers.

Yes, our solution is that both the controller and the base station are V2.0. Thanks

Yes, but has Pimax thought about creating something similar to
the HTC Vive Trackers, with Lighthouse 2.0?

1 Like

We don’t have the plan at this moment.

It would be a very good idea to have a version of pimax vivetrackers. A package of three sensors at a low price would be a sure success.

2 Likes

HTC have themselves only just started selling the pucks to non developers, sadly only v1 but that will change when they ramp it up (hopefully). And I agree, a Pimax v2 puck that is smaller and cheaper would interest a lot of people looking to get a HMD for mocap or object tracking. It spans everything from entertainment to business application.

1 Like

I’d rather they focus on the headset…

3 Likes

This washer could be useful for full-fledged positioning in the pimax 4k with the birth controllers without any nolo!

1 Like

We don’t say that it has to be done now, but when all the rest are finalized and shipped.

1 Like

Yes, totally agree. People here are projecting a lot into this company. Let them finish that one project they already started and then we’ll see. I think it should be hard enough to keep the promises they already made…