Pimax should buy starvr one for the OLED rgb Tech. Starbreeze is desperately trying to sell off its vr assets according to employees

Just an idea but acquiring that screen tech nobody else has is alluring.

@PimaxVR what does pimax owner think?

4 Likes

The OLED panels, the lenses, the eye tracking, the rendering… all of it.

2 Likes

The only real problem I see is the really low res panels.

2 Likes

But… it’s the Pimax 8K image better?

1 Like

One fellow told me amd it makes sense the StarVR was blurred. Vive pro res while Rgb in starvr one is stretched over a massive FoV.

1 Like

No problem, just need to aquire the xtal lense tech too :smile:

1 Like

Yeah but no sde. I’d take those. For sure. Everything is pretty darn subsampled at the moment anyway.

1 Like

I don’t care about xtal at all. I care about the massive fov, vibrant oled rgb panels. And actually the starvr one headstrap looks excellent too.

4 Likes

Do they make the panels in house though?

Wmr Oddyssy+ or Lenovo Explorer. :smirk: maybe retrofitted with wearilty.

I’d wait til we have real rainbow rgb Oled Panels in 4k or maybe for the 5k future models the Razer hdr 1440 120hz lcd screens :heart_eyes:

Yeah that’s true… but I bet brainwarp 2.0 would run well because of starvr ones low res.

By the way I’ve seen my fps jump up to 120, 124 fps a few times today. What’s up with that I wonder…in the forest vr of all games too.

1 Like

Not sure haven’t seen that on my 1080ti. But haven’t tried the forestvr since Hydra not stable enough to remember where home position is supposed to be. Grrrr… :laughing:

1 Like

Did the star vr have sli support or was that xtal?

…and the final price, right. :smiley:

Agreed. Agreed.

…

1 Like