Pimax Roadshow-First stop: VR Berlin, this weekend!

Trying the Quest pro yesterday made me realize screen technology really hasn’t progressed at all in that regard. We have light green carpet in our lounge and I can honestly say the greys were lighter than that. I hope the local dimming on the crystal QLED makes a big difference. Otherwise were stuck waiting for micro OLED mass production

1 Like

i think this too…

Well, today’s the day! Finally going to get some real impressions of the Crystal (and portal).

Hopefully we start hearing from people in the next few hours!

4 Likes

Berlin meet started hours ago. Where’s the video?

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s being live streamed. I posted the only pictures I could find so far in another thread here: Roadshow Images, Impressions etc

Well that’s just bullcrap. They can spend months shoveling high-end video productions of pure hype at us and they can’t even put up a live feed of their first meetup? They didn’t have that problem back in the 5K+/8K meetups. Seems to me, they’re doing everything possible to not get holiday sales, while everybody else is making BLACK Friday a month long event and Christmas starts in Oct. Sheesh

1 Like

I don’t think most people would want to be live streamed. Hopefully they will make a video that is edited and uploaded later though!

Don’t go to a new product reveal. There might be coverage. :laughing:

I can say that, personally, if the point on the map in the promo-video is still relevant, which seems to suggest there may at some time be an event in Denmark, that could be close enough to me that I might make the trip, to get to have a try at the 12k, if it is available for tryout by then, but I am bloody well not going if there is the risk of winding up an innocent casualty of camera crossfire. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Only Crystal and Portal units present for the roadshows afaik

Current roadshows, yes.

2 Likes

Ah, gotcha!

1 Like

Not sure what that is but if you’re in hiding best to stay out of sight :rofl:

All those 5K+/8K meetups we had and nobody appeared to get camera shy. same with all the coverage at various CES.
Glad i didn’t get up early for this non-event. At least Sebastion will give up the skinny (details) when they get to his studio.

1 Like

Even in these crazy days, the world has not been evil enough that it deserves the punishment of having my ugly mug inflicted on it. :stuck_out_tongue:

I am sure Seb will stretch that skinny into a full hour for you. :7

2 Likes

Oof, first impressions on reddit seem rough. Lots of issues, I don’t see the Crystal launching this year tbh

i think pimax needs again alot off excuses and explanation to do to get some off their trust back!But this time its gonne be hard i think…

2 Likes

Umhh, having read the first Berlin impression listing all the issues the Crystal still has I doubt I will be spending my time to go to MRTV, after all it‘s 2x a one hour drive and approx. an hour at MRTV‘s place (though that is generally fun, I was there for an MRTV experience (=comparison of headsets) 2-3 years ago).

I’ll still await to read more reviews as it could have been a particularly unfriendly or unlucky individual - but if it is confirmed: what‘s the point in trying a prototype where half of the features isn‘t working. That would be same same on an almost comical level, after all the announcements of the „new Pimax“ and the flak I took for being sceptical about their bold statements. Let‘s wait for a couple of days and I will decide on short notice.

3 Likes

That’s understandable. If it doesn’t have any of the final features working there’s not much point

1 Like

Hum it’s seems the crystal is not finalized one and a half month before launch? seems premature to show the product in this state.

1 Like

Not sure what the goal was here. Why demonstrate a half baked product when not even the lenses are ready? Other than that not going to comment. I wouldn’t even know where to start.

Lets hope the crystal will be ready h1 2023.

1 Like