Pimax, Please Give Ralf at vorpx.com a dev kit

I thought vorpx was “meant” to be rubbish?

Just from what I have read from users

Plenty of other old games will never be officially adopted for VR because the development teams or studios simply don’t exist any more, the rights are entangled, or other reasons making it less likely to happen.

In Bethesda’s case they already own and control the games outright.

So you guys that have problems with vorpx and what it can not achieve, should tell ppl:

1. an alternative solution to vorpx

And/or

1. make an alternative program to vorpx that can do better and more than vorpx (including that the program would make all non vr game playable on vr headsets and not just some)

Unless you do at least 1 of the 2 points above, you are actually not helping anyone that wish to play non vr pc games on vr headsets…

Is there any chance we could make Vireio Perception work with Pimax 8K?
See https://www.mtbs3d.com/new-vireio-site

Again, that doesn’t really follow. Just because someone can see a problem with vorpex does not mean they have the programing skills or time to make an alternative and it also doesn’t mean that a better solution already exists. However, that does not mean they should keep quite about those problems. For starters, that would be unfair to people who are weighing getting vorpex for themselves, it would also make it harder for people who could potentially make a replacement to see that there’s a need for a replacement.

1 Like

1 Just because Vorpx doesn’t work as well with some games as others doesn’t mean there even is a better alternative, There’s not.

2 That you would suggest that people who PAID good money for a program should not complain about it’s shortcomings, but just write their own program if their not happy, is just plain stupid. Go over to YouTube and start telling all those product reviewers to start making their own shit and stop complaining and see how far you get. If you’re happy, that is wonderful for you. If you’re not happy-where I live you have a right to say why.

Oh and as far as people being a " help to anyone", if you consider people reporting the negatives they find in a product, not to be helpful yourself that’s great, but don’t presume to speak for everyone else.

2 Likes

Hey dogbite, no idea your real name. I have mine here public, with My real face too:

My wish, is that more bright people would come with more products/offers to play all non vr games in vr headset. It seems to me that there are not many solutions at all so far and they have limits. I hope they can get better and achieve more.

There are shit talks aimed to discredit vorpx (I think on purpose). That is why I wrote what I wrote. Why don’t you read all my posts here?

Probably u did not get at all what I said since the beginning of this convo. Go to read all.

I appreciate what vorpx can achieve and of course I wish that vorpx would be improved farther and do more. Other than vorpx, I do not see many other solutions. I wish more solutions so that more achievements would probably be reached and products would improve and do more.

As I said, if more products/competitors of vorpx come out, I have no problem in buying them

Unfortunately, there is no other solutions other than vorpx and vireio at the moment.

I did read all your posts.

Half of this is my real face the other half is my Rottweiller

So u did not get at all what I meant because I actually was complaing about the fact that i saw (and not only here) people attacking vorpx when the solutions we have so far are only 2, vorpx and vireio

Pimaxvr , I truly wish you find a partner to offer not only hardware solutions but also software solutions, for example a vorpx and vireio alternative that would allow all non vr games to be played in the 8k headset , maybe not just only with head tracking but also with body tracking.
I know I am asking for too much. This is just a dream request .

Thanks!

Understood what you meant, just didn’t like the dictating to others and the STUPID remark.

2 Likes

I just googled this as thought it was an abbreviation for something lol

1 Like

Ralf is extremely rude to the community and deserves all the flack he gets. You obviously haven’t been following vorpx very long if you think people are attacking him for no reason…

Also he doesn’t seem to care about Pimax as he’s been ignoring them so why should they waste more time trying to reach out to him? Its not Pimax’s job to be the liaison of every emerging vr tech out there. I feel like soon you all will be asking Pimax to actually make the games themselves…

7 Likes

Stupid remark? What stupid ?

Nothing i said is stupid .

I even said myself that vorpx has limits.
The point I was making is about ppl that were shitting on vorpx bexause they have issue with who made vorpx. That is b.s.

The fact is that u did not understand a damn thing about what I said, u had just to reply and talk b.s. about me

Watch your mouth

An adjective that define the person that wrote it

Demanding that people not criticize a piece of software isn’t exactly enlightened and the call out about using your real name and picture is odd, to say the least.

I did not say to not have constructive critics about the product. I said that there are ppl that want to talk b.s. about vorpx because of personal issue with who made vorpx.

I said myself that vorpx has limits and I wish alternatives

Ps: if u want to talk shit about someone put your name and face out. What is your name , last name and face? Who are you?

And let’s go back to the topic.

I read ppl that are telling others to not put money in buying vorpx.

What is the alternative to vorpx you give to others to play non vr games in vr headsets?

Where should we put our money in , other than vorpx?

Ps: cut the b.s. about shitting on vorpx for your personal issues with who made vorpx

You can play all games in vr screen using virtual desktop, bigscreen, steamvr theatre mode.

Turn a game not made for vr to be playable like a game made for vr, honestly is not pimaxs goal, most ppl just going to use pimax for its intended purpose. Run game/software that is made to support vr and provide bigger fov and better clarity.

Shouldn’t ppl be asking support from vorpx instead of pimax?

2 Likes

Playing flat games in 3d is awesome in vr. Even if it’s just a big floating screen with the game in geometry 3d it’s awesome