Pimax Pass Through Camera

Is there, or are there any passthrough cameras for the Pimax headsets? Are there features for Augmented Realty.

1 Like

Nope. 20 characters.

1 Like

I see. Will these be made in the future?

1 Like

I cant recall seeing anything about that but since there are hand tracking modules, technically ir stereo cameras, someone (pimax or a third party) could definitely make a pass through camera module.

3 Likes

Possibly. The headset has a modular design, so it wouldn’t be too crazy to think they’d make a camera add-on.

1 Like

I have a feeling that my leap motion wanted to be the steamvr pass through camera when I had it connected but I didn’t try it out at the time. Will do at some point though. :slight_smile: I have a vague memory of options showing up for it… Maybe try tomorrow if time.

1 Like

I’ve experimented with hooking up a ZED Mini AR passthrough camera to my Pimax 8k. Of course, the ZED Mini’s FoV is only like 90 degrees, so it’s not ideal. But with some hacking I got it working and showing real-world content in the center, and I could add virtual objects to the world that way. With some work I could also put whatever virtual content I wanted in the rest of the FoV, but I’m still working on getting that content synced up with what shows up in the passthrough video.

2 Likes

An integration of Augmented reality should be the next priority for Pimax. If so, it will be the more ultimate powerful VR headset ever. It should be a 3D camera capable of 200 degrees Fov.

1 Like