Pimax OLED edition for customers?

@Davobkk
I don’t agree with you regarding fov because having a large fov is very important.
Pimax will have to use screen oled 90Hz for pimax 8K, but price of mask will also increase

1 Like

You may want to save your bank account for this.

I like the sound of eye resolution even if I can’t afford it.:grin:

3 Likes
1 Like

Looking forward to when expensive professional grade headsets are available with really high quality componets. Just sell the house and family :wink:

There is sooo much vapour wear out there that it just makes me appreciate my Pimax 4K more.
It’s here now and not some time in the who knows when.
Very well done Pimax. :ok_hand:

2 Likes

What computers are going to drive these headsets??? The markets won’t sustain headsets that can’t be used. Pefect balance is what makes a product like Pimax 4k work. If they did 4k OLED product with 90hz or better refresh they would sell because of no SDE, but using every single pixel isn’t doable now, but if it is capable to do it it would be a product that would have a life through Vive or Oculus next version, which is how you grow a brand that competes. 8k may not be usable for the general public right away. They need to make it a great functioning product at 4k, give refresh rate options, vsyncing optimizations or whatever that is that Oculus does to get faster framerates. Keep up with nvidia technologies for that kind of optimization as they make them. And perfect the 8k in the background. I don’t think the 8k market is going to be ripe for at least a year or so, So don’t rush it. Take a deep breath, technology does NOT move as fast as you think. Where are the flying cars? Calm down and love what you have.

For example, I’ve been using a freaking keyboard since the Trash-80 my friend and his dad built, and the apple we had at skool, and I’m STILL bound to a freaking keyboard today.

I am late, but I will let you know the results of the vote.
26 responded “good” and 9 responded “not good”.

1 Like

Ah but if you beleive Starbreeze their StarVR at 2x 2.5k (qhd) is not able to be driven by consumer PCs. Of which we know is false to a point.

The 8k model is in truth not 8k resolution. It is 4k/eye. Now if the PiMax team supports “4k” like they do now in the 4k model (FHD & QHD interpolated to 4k) will allow gpus to run the 8k model. & native support for those who can push 4k/eye.

The 8k model with using 2 panels (may need to keep dual Inputs for display) allows them as they 1st presented the idea of the 8k concept to reduce required gpu power by alternate eye rendering. This way the GPU only has to render 1 display panel at a time.

The 8k model will need to be able I surmise from reading up on StarVR will need to upconvert FOV for games that don’t support that high of FOV. This is also why its important to get Dev kits out to game makers like DCS, Warthunder, Prepared3d etc.

With no other hmd maker making a consumer available hmd (StarVR is not available at the consumer level) will help cement PiMax in the VR market.

Now the real question can i trade the positional tracking for the robotic sim? Lol

Now for sure they need to continue to improve the 4k model & eventually release a Version 2 with all they have learned (hard & soft ipd adjustment, manual focus etc…)

Now I am certain @Enopho with his crazy VR Ready GPU would have certainly very little trouble running the 8k model lol.

The 8k model will certainly be a favorite for business wanting to create rides & experiences.

If anyone is interested, this is the GPU @Heliosurge is talking about

https://www.pbtech.co.nz/product/VGAGBV11195/Gigabyte-Aorus-X-Geforce-GTX1080-Ti-11GB-GDDR5-Gam

2 Likes

Hi Enopho

How is this card different? better for overclocking? I’m in NZ. Bought the 1080Ti Strix. Cheers

Would you feel nauseous after this?

Probably lol. But be quite some fun.

Just imagine even having Afterburner arcade simulator as a basic motion rig.

Afterburner 2018. That could be a new thing haha Pickup a couple of old rigs on ebay. You would make a fortune at the malls

Think of it tho as a vr rig; you could retool it for car sims as well

it is good for overclocking and has a pretty good base clock speed (1632Mhtz) so you can push the overclock pretty well - you will see one of the reviews on the site saying ‘Epic card. Very easily overclocked to 2000hz using MSI Afterburner. Running at 65 degrees Celsius while overclocked and not too noisy at all’

. but it also has the AorusX VR link giving an additional vr HDMI 2.0b port on the front side of the GPU as well as 3 additional HDMI ports and 3 DP and a single DVI port. so you dont have to keep switching your setup to get vr working.

i have 2 of these cards for my gaming pc and test pc and i originally wanted to SLI them for shits and giggles, but they arrived and were huge! and were 2kg each so went with 1 in each rig so its easier to test old 1.1.92 and 1.2.93_beta drivers

1 Like

I think 2 * 2k OLED is better than 2 * 4k LCD, what do you think?

Oh ~ ~ You have the same idea as me.:wink:
Although SDE is more prominent, I think the motion sickness will be much less.

On the subject of future OLED displays for VR, some of you might find this interesting:-

Yes but do not forget that the price of mask 8K must remain reasonable, otherwise public will not buy