Pimax is a HTC Vive partner

4 Likes

probably because of the lighthouse tracking / licensing

1 Like

Well, it just says “Developer” ?:man_shrugging:

1 Like

It might be related to the VR consortium. Though asking the team would possubly yield the best results.

2 Likes

Lighthouse has nothing to do with HTC, I agree with Heliosurge

2 Likes

This was on the “vive wave” website. Above the picture it says “partners”.

3 Likes

Strange, for me it only shows qualcomm and unity as partners under VIVE Wave | HTC VIVE
Even in your picture there seems to be a white divider above the “brands” :thinking:

1 Like

They are a partner listed here:

Today, at our Vive Developers Conference (VDC) in Beijing, we announced the VIVE WAVE VR Open Platform. With it, we are taking another huge step in driving the most vibrant ecosystem for VR forward. Vive Wave will open up the path to easy mobile VR content development and device optimization for third-party partners. So far, twelve hardware partners in China, including 360QIKU, Baofengmojing, Coocaa, EmdoorVR, Idealens, iQIYI, Juhaokan, Nubia, Pico, Pimax, Quanta and Thundercomm, announced their support for Vive Wave and integrating the VIVEPORT™ VR content platform into their future products.

Source: Vive Announces Vive Wave Open Platform and Vive Focus, Its Standalone VR device For China | VIVE Blog

2 Likes

@jonnypanic mentioned awhile back that Vive Port/Wave was an easier platform to launch games from.

2 Likes

Maybe partner about All-in-one module to install the software from vive store.

2 Likes

I don’t think the two are related. Viveport is just a frontend, like Oculus Home.

2 Likes