Pimax Ease of Use

Is there any plan on a plug and play software? I dont own a pimax yet, but looking in the Forum there are so many user guides. Is it not possible to create a program wich just has a proper setting from the start for each game? Will this be possible somewhen?

2 Likes

Okay you mean “pick up & play” i myself usually just leave pitool at default. Render x1.0 FoV Normal etc… And typically just adjust In game options.

To get to what your looking for will come in time. But with the headset being essentially new ground. Will need some tweaking to get things at times running smooth.

Each release of the software(pitool) will be 1 step closer. With each game dev adding Officially supports Pimax will also be a step towards pick up play (tweak if you will)

And with each new pimax owner Devs see more need & want to support officially.

3 Likes

There’s a My Games page in PiTool, which might eventually work that way. In SteamVR settings, there is a option to configure individual games and apps.

The reality is that VR is very demanding of your PC and everyone’s PC is different (unlike consoles), so optimizing settings per-game is generally a good idea, so that you can balance performance with visual quality. This applies to all VR headsets, but it applies especially to the 5K+ and 8K headsets because of the high resolution and large field of view. That’s what makes the Pimax headsets special, but it also requires a commitment to tweaking settings for the best experience.

If you ask on the forum about recommended settings for a particular game, it’s likely someone will help guide you. There is a wiki (linked at the top of the forum) and there’s a spreadsheet with games and recommended settings. It’s still fairly rough, but it’s getting better.

5 Likes

Engineers are working on the requirement

3 Likes

@anon74848233 What’s the plan to address the fact users with 55 IPD can’t use their devices as the minimal fov is 60mm, when they may have backed under the premise that they could use it because of minimal 55mm fov?

I suggest a lens replacement suitable for lower ipd users which sacrifices a small amount of FOV if required to be a purchase option and modification in the future and letting users who experience no clear image in both eyes to pay for shipping to get lens replacements done.

I will note its possible the issues might be resolveable to a degree with thicker facepads for small fov users though, as the extra distance away from the face might help get the clarity in both eyes. I think this would only work if you were a couple mms under minimal supported ipd range of “60mm” (70mm angled?)

@Heliosurge @neal_white_iii could you clean up this thread and ditch everything not related to Beat Saber?

1 Like

Hi Dallas will see if can find the spreadsheet on Suggestions updates. If you beat me to it. Se should add it to Table of Content Wiki.

Ah my bad it’s already there. :beers::wink::+1::+1:

1 Like

https://community.openmr.ai/t/pimax-11th-mar-updated-suggestions-for-pimax/8891/3?u=heliosurge

1 Like

@mozi @anon74848233 What’s the plan to address the fact users with 55mm IPD can’t use their devices as the minimal fov is 60mm when they may have backed under the premise that they could use it because of minimal 55mm fov?

I suggest a lens replacement suitable for lower ipd users which sacrifices a small amount of FOV if required to be a purchase option and modification in the future and letting users who experience no clear image in both eyes to pay for shipping to get lens replacements done.

I will note its possible the issues might be resolveable to a degree with thicker facepads for small fov users though, as the extra distance away from the face might help get the clarity in both eyes. I think this would only work if you were a couple mms under minimal supported ipd range of “60mm” (70mm angled?)

Moved your post. Please keep thinhs like tjis in here or the ipd discusion.

1 Like